Author Topic: Sci Fi in your Dreams...  (Read 3683 times)

Offline slash78

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
Sci Fi in your Dreams...
« on: October 01, 2012, 12:54:55 AM »
My dreams often have Sci Fi content.  Either alternate plots to shows or movies.  Sometimes a mish-mash of stuff from different shows.  Like last night...

It was like I was watching an episode of BSG (new).  Worf (yeah, the Klingon guy) was a squadron leader.  Somewhere in the dream it went from 3rd person to first person.  Well, flying a Viper Mk 7 his squadron launched and was forming up to make a jump to attack the Cylons.  Didn't know Viper Mk7s had jump drives?  Well, they did in my dream.  There were several Vipers, at least two Raptors and several "heavy fighers" (which were double-hulled 2 person fighters that looked just like Kilrathi "Krant" fighters from WC1).  Well, before the rest of the squadrons could form up one of my "heavy fighters" jumped.  And another.  I'm telling them not to go (because by now I'm not watching, I'm the character), but they all jump.  So I do too.  By the time the rest of the fleet jump in it's just me and my wingman.

Now sometime in there I start thinking it would be nice to have a militia or reserve flying all those old Mk 1s that are...well, I don't remember.

Ok, so the rest of the fleet jumps in, everybody is flying around blasting stuff.  I strafe some stuff on the ground.  Finally I end up back on the Galactica (or is it the Tiger's Claw?).  I'm waiting outside the commander/admiral/whoevers office trying to figure out how many men I lost.  At least a dozen because there were at least two raptors and 4 "heavy fighters".  I go in.  The commander, who is taller them me which is wierd because I think "Worf is tall" but it's not so wierd from me because I'm not, it walking around me in his office.  I take full responsibility, or try to.  I should have been in control of my fighters.  Then the leader says no, not my fault, they were idiots for jumping early.  And we have another mission.  Attack the base or whatever on the planet (or space station?) on foot.  Next thing I know I'm walking through an abandon building.  It's dark.  It smells bad.  Not sure what it smells like, just bad.  One of the rooms is dark so to I fire my phaser into it.  Sure, why not?  I'm the only guy with a phaser, but I'm Worf, right?  Except it's a ST6 style phaser pistol and not a TNG phaser.  Next room one of the people I'm with makes fun of me for trying to light up rooms with my phaser and shows me how to light up a dark room with a Zippo lighter.  Something moves.  I think someone found something, though I've seen a lot of nothing and this part of the dream has felt more like a suspense/horror movie.  Which I don't like anyway.  I wake up.

Don't ask me how many alternative plot Star Wars movies I've seen in my sleep.  (And how many times I work up thinking, wait, it didn't go like that). 

Offline Argosy Special Ops

• Veteran Member
  • Mentat Master of Vulcan Gun Katas
    • View Profile
Re: Sci Fi in your Dreams...
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 07:29:05 PM »
I once went on a mission with a Jem’Hadar strike team in a forest environment like that DS9 episode “To The Death”, but it ended abruptly when we came upon some ruins & I decided to piss in a sink. I always know that I am dreaming when I piss in nonsensical places. It’s my subconscious saying “hey JACKASS wake up before you piss on yourself” :D LOL. Most of my other sci-fi dreams involve a post-apocalyptic setting and/or zombies.
"Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity."- Horace Mann

Offline Cat-Nadian

• Board Legend
  • There is only Zuul
    • View Profile
    • Cat-Nadian Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 01:58:00 PM »
Had to post,cause a week ago i had a ST TNG related dream,in the dream i was watching a TNG episode i apperently missed (i never missed a single episode) this episode was one my mind made up,in it Picard and some members of the crew :well all the main one: travelled back to the time when the show was on tv,they found a man from the future who also travelled back in time to commit murders,and as they were about to catch him POOF thats when i woke up.

Offline Cat-Nadian

• Board Legend
  • There is only Zuul
    • View Profile
    • Cat-Nadian Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 09:14:03 AM »
Another sci-fi inspired dream i had some time ago.

In it i was Captain America,and the enemies :Hydra: managed to get a sample of my DNA,and they merged it with two other creatures to create a new thing to kill me,part me part wasp and part scorpion.

Offline scott

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 01:00:15 PM »
 part wasp and part scorpion.
[/quote]

The Ichneumonidae
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ichneumonidae

Offline Cat-Nadian

• Board Legend
  • There is only Zuul
    • View Profile
    • Cat-Nadian Blog
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 09:30:50 AM »
I had the upeer torso of a human,the middle part of a wasp,wings included,and the tail of a scorpion.
 make.
Freaky the dreams one's mind can