Author Topic: Posting...  (Read 23800 times)

Offline Makaveli

• Administrator
  • Board Legend
  • N.I.G.G.A.
    • View Profile
Posting...
« on: September 26, 2006, 07:21:31 PM »
Hey it was suggested over on SCN that posts in this forum not be counted towards a persons total post count... since most of them are only a few words anyways... so for the time being we are implementing that here.... any posts you make in this forum are not added to your overall post count.
N.I.G.G.A. - Never Ignorant Gettin' Goals Acomplished
"If a man hasn't discovered something he will die for, he isn't fit to live." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
CIDvision :: the breen war :: trekonline

Offline Cat-Nadian

• Board Legend
  • There is only Zuul
    • View Profile
    • Cat-Nadian Blog
Re: Posting...
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 07:28:33 PM »
Nut what about the jokes i pot,they're more than a few words ???

Tanky

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 09:36:22 PM »
Sounds fair enough to me

Offline evilsmileyface12

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 10:14:03 PM »
dang... oh well :P
ESF-12

Offline BorgMan

• Global Moderator
  • Artistic Assimilator
    • View Profile
    • Visionm.nl
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 05:53:37 AM »
I dunno but a lot of the replies on this board are just a single sentence. Stuff like *I like your ship* or *OMG it's ugly* are more common here then explaining why something is good or bad, and as such giving a long reasoning speech...
*Doorbell Sound*

"Hi, I am Elder 14 of 37 and this is my traveling companion Sister 29 of 128. We represent the Borg..."
"Oh Roddenbery, you guys again? Look, it's 8 in the morning and I don't have time for you OK? I told you last week..."
"But... Assimilation... Holopamflet!"
"Yeah right, you can leave it here but I'll throw it on the rest of the bunch I got from your other 'brothers' and 'sisters'. Now scram before I call the 8472 Squad!"

Offline Greg

• Lord of Lava Lamp
  • Eminent Member
  • Old Fart
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2006, 06:05:54 AM »
It' still more useful than a forum in which the majority of it's posts over the years have come from topics where every post is usually just a tiny one line reply to another tiny one line reply, only multiplied a few thousand times.

And the one line replies to artwork are hardly typical of the entire boards posting habits. To suggest otherwise is a gross generalistion.

Offline BorgMan

• Global Moderator
  • Artistic Assimilator
    • View Profile
    • Visionm.nl
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006, 06:15:21 AM »
I stand corrected.
*Doorbell Sound*

"Hi, I am Elder 14 of 37 and this is my traveling companion Sister 29 of 128. We represent the Borg..."
"Oh Roddenbery, you guys again? Look, it's 8 in the morning and I don't have time for you OK? I told you last week..."
"But... Assimilation... Holopamflet!"
"Yeah right, you can leave it here but I'll throw it on the rest of the bunch I got from your other 'brothers' and 'sisters'. Now scram before I call the 8472 Squad!"

Offline Greg

• Lord of Lava Lamp
  • Eminent Member
  • Old Fart
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2006, 08:06:58 AM »
Yes, yes you are. Now kiss my boot, minon!

:P

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2006, 06:28:47 PM »
Personally, I've never liked the idea of having an area that doesn't have it's posts count for you.
Open your mind to new possibilities
-Trip(sort of), The Crossing

Offline Rusty

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2006, 12:38:24 AM »
As someone who frequently looks in the Creative section and provides (sometimes) a one sentence appraisal of genuinely good works, should I be have that post voided, when someone who calls someone a 'retard' in some silly over-heated argument gets another one notched up?

I think it is a bit of a double-standard, and it will never inhibit anyone who wants to get their point count up.

All I want to do is check out the talent and give them a thumbs up, not rate myself with post-quantities. On that point, I agree with you completely Greg.
Edmund: I remember Massingburg's most famous case, the case of the bloody knife. A man was found next to a murdured body, he had the knife in his hand, thirteen witnesses that seen him stab the victim, and when the police arrived he said, "I'm glad I killed the bastard." Massingbird not only got him off, but he got him knighted in the New Year's Honors list, and the relatives of the victim had to pay to have the blood washed out of his jacket.
Perkins: And he's a dab hand at the prosecution, Sir.
Edmund: Yes, well, look at Oscar Wilde.
Perkins: Oh, butch Oscar.
Edmund: Big, bearded, bonking, butch Oscar - the terror of the ladies. 114 illegitamate children, world heavyweight boxing champion, and author of the best-selling phamplet, "Why I Like To Do It With Girls". Massingbird had him sent down for being a woopsie.

Offline Da Vinci

• Dutchman in Her Majesty's lands
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2006, 12:53:02 AM »
I kinda agree on this one, but like other have pointed out it might create a bit of a double standard. Anyway, I'd say we can implement this (if technically possible) because replies here usually are not that important in the grander scheme of life  ;)
Godwin's law rephrased: reductio ad Hitlerum

Offline Kestra

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2006, 09:02:06 AM »
Always thought this should be done.  Good call, administrati!
... dancing in the night in the middle of June ...

Offline CX

• Distinguished Member
  • Bully!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2006, 01:08:48 AM »
Eh, the joke area of Nov-Net doesn't count posts either and the people there seem to have just as much fun playing about the same games anyway. :shrugs:
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough." - TR

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
  • All things not of this world
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2006, 02:04:55 AM »
Uh huh  :-\.  Seems rather silly if you ask me but oh well.
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"
High priest in the Cult of J

Offline SeQuBu

• Eminent Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2006, 04:50:41 PM »
Sounbds like a Joke to me ;P
USS Esmeralda:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::_______________________________________:::::::::: ____________.---------.____________
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: / ---´-------------------------------´..:::\\ \___\ ___.---'----------/-------------------------------`---._
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::`-------------------------------.-------.-----------'----===============================`
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /___\_____\____,---'--------------------,---------------'
"...where the ocean meets the sky, I´ll be sailing"::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: `----._______,------------'

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2006, 07:08:07 PM »
I believe it, since it's done on Nov-net, and I don't like it there, either.
Open your mind to new possibilities
-Trip(sort of), The Crossing

Offline Stoo

• an all too ordinary story
  • Global Moderator
  • Eminent Member
    • View Profile
    • A Force for Good
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2006, 07:35:50 AM »
post post post

Offline Chemahkuu

• Distinguished Member
  • Resident Insufferable Treknobabbler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2006, 07:45:09 AM »
Test

Offline RedShirt

• Armed and suicidal
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2006, 08:44:10 AM »
Oh well.  At least now we're free to spam whatever the heck we want.
I have selective reading.

"There is a certain logic to your logic."
~ Tuvok

"High speed and low IQ don't mix"
~Maple Dog

"Hey, then maybe we could hop in our VW bus and make sweet sweet free love whilst smoking some doobies and doing other 1967ey things."
~Bond, James Bond

Offline Xiorc

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2006, 02:52:55 PM »
I

Offline Xiorc

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2006, 02:53:12 PM »
Dont

Offline Xiorc

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2006, 02:53:35 PM »
Get

Offline Xiorc

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2006, 02:53:55 PM »
It!

Offline Rusty

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2006, 03:14:32 PM »
Silly
Edmund: I remember Massingburg's most famous case, the case of the bloody knife. A man was found next to a murdured body, he had the knife in his hand, thirteen witnesses that seen him stab the victim, and when the police arrived he said, "I'm glad I killed the bastard." Massingbird not only got him off, but he got him knighted in the New Year's Honors list, and the relatives of the victim had to pay to have the blood washed out of his jacket.
Perkins: And he's a dab hand at the prosecution, Sir.
Edmund: Yes, well, look at Oscar Wilde.
Perkins: Oh, butch Oscar.
Edmund: Big, bearded, bonking, butch Oscar - the terror of the ladies. 114 illegitamate children, world heavyweight boxing champion, and author of the best-selling phamplet, "Why I Like To Do It With Girls". Massingbird had him sent down for being a woopsie.

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
  • Princess of Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2006, 08:30:55 AM »
Is there still a page or function somewhere to show our true (overall) postcount?