Author Topic: New Animated series...  (Read 2597 times)

Offline slash78

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
New Animated series...
« on: May 21, 2013, 01:44:06 AM »
Star Wars Rebels, coming the fall of 2014...

http://www.theforce.net/story/front/LFL_Announces_New_Animated_Series_Star_Wars_Rebels_152021.asp

From the people that brought you the Clone Wars, set between III and IV.

You know, this message board is really dead isn't it?

Offline slash78

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
Re: New Animated series...
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 02:53:02 AM »
Something I posted elsewhere...

I don't want to be negative towards the new series, but it really doesn't make sense.

Disney wants to make money off Star Wars. Canceling TCW was done simply because it aired on a competitor. I get that (as petty as it seems). Keeping the creative crew to start working on a new series. I get that too. After all, they wouldn't have bought the franchise if they couldn't start turning product out (Lucas' Story Treatments for Ep VII-IX, etc). But why Star Wars Rebels?

First, Star Wars Rebels won't tie in well with Ep VII thru IX. The whole OT is in the way. You can't use a lot of OT characters, or at least protagonist, because, well, they never met before ANH. On top of that 50 scripts for Star Wars Underworld (Dark Times, whatever) were finished. Now maybe the modify them into TCW-type material? But it just strikes me as odd that they aren't doing anything to set up Episode VII. That the quickest, easiest and cheapest way, which is to say the most Corporate Way to do so would be to turned TCW crew over onto a post-RotJ series. But it's most definitely not a post-RotJ series. What am I missing?

Episode VII will be the flagship product for the launch of he Disney Era Star Wars. Why aren't they trying to build up to it? What are they hiding?