Author Topic: Orphan Black - Spoilers  (Read 1142 times)

Online Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
Orphan Black - Spoilers
« on: June 13, 2013, 04:52:20 PM »
(Mods: if this is the wrong section, by all means move it)

For those that don't know, it's a show about clones. I realize that sounds gimmicky, but who they've hired (Tatiana Maslany) makes it work so well you might forget from time to time that she's playing all of them.

Basic run down: Sarah Manning is a hustler minding her own business when one day she runs into a woman who looks just like her that commits suicide. She decides she wants a better life for herself and quickly finds out she is in for a lot more than she bargained for.

I have watched the entire season and I thought maybe some people here either have seen it or might want to watch it, hence the spoiler warning in the title of this thread, and might want to talk about it.
Open your mind to new possibilities
-Trip(sort of), The Crossing

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
  • All things not of this world
    • View Profile
Re: Orphan Black - Spoilers
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 11:57:25 PM »
I havent seen it but I have seen the ads...not too sure what to make of it.  Wait a minute Tatiana Maslany I remember her from Ginger Snaps 2.
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"
High priest in the Cult of J

Online Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
Re: Orphan Black - Spoilers
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 10:31:46 AM »
Yep, I understand that she played a character who went by the name of 'Ghost'. I'm also aware of the fact that she's not the only connection to those movies, some of the production crew on this show were involved as well. And those were just a few off the top of my head connections that I can think of at the moment.

Honestly, give the first couple of episodes a shot, you will probably like what you see.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 10:33:33 AM by Fiery Little One »
Open your mind to new possibilities
-Trip(sort of), The Crossing