Author Topic: Who Do You Think Was The Best Joker  (Read 1118 times)

Offline Cat-Nadian

• Board Legend
  • There is only Zuul
    • View Profile
    • Cat-Nadian Blog
Who Do You Think Was The Best Joker
« on: July 15, 2014, 10:49:51 AM »
Simple question
Which one of the many people who played the Joker was the best?
I think Heath Ledger was good,so was this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j7d3lIAkes

So who was your favorite.?

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
Re: Who Do You Think Was The Best Joker
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 02:39:00 PM »
Hmm... I'd have to go with one of the ones who did his voice on the cartoons: Mark Hamil. To this day, unless I'm given something that says it's one if the others, I will always hear his voice any time I read something that's been written in character.
Open your mind to new possibilities
-Trip(sort of), The Crossing

Offline Cat-Nadian

• Board Legend
  • There is only Zuul
    • View Profile
    • Cat-Nadian Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 02:43:24 PM »
Hmm... I'd have to go with one of the ones who did his voice on the cartoons: Mark Hamil. To this day, unless I'm given something that says it's one if the others, I will always hear his voice any time I read something that's been written in character.
Wish i could compare,but when i first heard the cartoon,it was dubbed in french,and the voice actor i'd guess does not sound like MH

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
    • The New Haven Chronicles
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 06:19:26 PM »
I agree with FLO.  I grew up watching TAS and even now, playing the Arkham games, when I see an animated incarnation of the Joker, I always hear Hamil's signature take on him...same thing with Kevin Conroy as Batman/Bruce Wayne.  That's one of the reasons why I loved the Arkham games so much...it was like getting one more big episode or film of TAS.
https://www.patreon.com/JonMichaelMay
Help me make art, by joining me on Patreon. Various subscriptions tiers are in place, allowing you to support my addictive art habit for as little as $1 a month.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
  • All things not of this world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 10:12:43 PM »
My vote is for Hamill as well.  Though ironically I think Brent Spiner gave him a run for his money on Young Justice.
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"
High priest in the Cult of J

Offline CX

• Distinguished Member
  • Bully!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 01:30:15 AM »
I'm going to have to go with Hamil as well.  He does a really good mix of crazy, funny, and sinister.  Ledger is good in his own way, too, as is Nicholson, but the animated series had such an impact on the franchise as a whole in large part due to its excellent writing and cast.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough." - TR

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
  • Stuck in the middle of nowhere...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 02:33:43 AM »
I'm going to have to go with Ledger on this one, mainly due to The Dark Knight being more recent in my mind than the animated stuff.  I'll also say that Gary Oldman was a perfect choice for Commissioner Gordan, he's about as close as you'll ever get to a real person looking like the animated depictions of Gordan, and he did a damn good job too.
“Battle is not a simulation. It’s blood and screams and funerals.” – Capt. Georgiou – Star Trek: Discovery – “The Vulcan Hello”