Author Topic: Hey Everyone!!! Upgrade!  (Read 2425 times)

Offline Makaveli

• Administrator
  • Board Legend
  • N.I.G.G.A.
    • View Profile
Hey Everyone!!! Upgrade!
« on: July 30, 2014, 07:13:32 PM »
Hey everyone (those few still around), I am playing with the forum right now trying to see if I can get it updated to a newer more stable version with all sorts of new and exciting features. Its our hopes that this update will allow us to reopen member registration without having to worry about a slew of bots and other spammers that will flood the forum with a bunch of shit that you really don't want to have to put up with.

Anyways, just in case anyone was wondering why this place didn't look the same or why it all of a sudden wasn't the same. Just thought I would let everyone know.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 08:21:11 PM by Makaveli »
N.I.G.G.A. - Never Ignorant Gettin' Goals Acomplished
"If a man hasn't discovered something he will die for, he isn't fit to live." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
CIDvision :: the breen war :: trekonline

Online Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Everyone!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 07:18:58 PM »
I just did a refresh of the page and figured it was something along those lines. Take your time getting things sorted out.
Open your mind to new possibilities
-Trip(sort of), The Crossing

Offline Makaveli

• Administrator
  • Board Legend
  • N.I.G.G.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 07:32:26 PM »
Well I'm glad that you didn't freak out or have a heart attack or something due to my shenanigans...

EDIT: Okay, forum is successfully updated to the last stable version of this release. Attempting to install and upgrade to the 2.0 version which offers new features etc. Cross your fingers.

EDIT: And just like that we are upgraded, enjoy the new and exciting features (I have no idea what they even are). If you have any problems or anything please post them here. Also we will be trying to see if we can get a more "SCN" feeling theme for the forums but for the time being I'm afraid you all are going to have to suffer with this one.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 08:20:47 PM by Makaveli »
N.I.G.G.A. - Never Ignorant Gettin' Goals Acomplished
"If a man hasn't discovered something he will die for, he isn't fit to live." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
CIDvision :: the breen war :: trekonline

Offline Bernd

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Lord of the Bored
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Everyone!!! Upgrade!
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 02:11:05 AM »
Well, I like the standard theme just as it is. We should try to get some SCN feel in the form of a title image though. I will try to blend in the old SCN background in some fashion.

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
  • Stuck in the middle of nowhere...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 08:00:03 AM »
The theme is fine, though the colors should be closer to the original colors.
“Battle is not a simulation. It’s blood and screams and funerals.” – Capt. Georgiou – Star Trek: Discovery – “The Vulcan Hello”

Online Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 02:35:12 PM »
Well I'm glad that you didn't freak out or have a heart attack or something due to my shenanigans...

I'd only have a heart attack if somebody pulled a 'what does this button do?' and we lost more than a day's worth of stuff.
Open your mind to new possibilities
-Trip(sort of), The Crossing

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
  • All things not of this world
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 12:38:45 AM »
Hmm so thats what happened.
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"
High priest in the Cult of J

Offline CX

• Distinguished Member
  • Bully!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 01:00:59 AM »
I don't suppose different skins will be offered at some point, will they?
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough." - TR

Offline Bernd

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Lord of the Bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 09:15:10 AM »
We hope to get some more SCN feel to the forum theme. The trouble is that it is an odd mixture of CSS and images, and once I touch something I have a lot of work to get everything else right because it is all awfully non-modular.

Regarding different skins, there may be such an option in the forum settings, although we probably won't install many different themes to choose from.

Offline The Unbound

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2014, 04:53:10 AM »
You'd only need one, wouldn't you?

The standard look doesn't really bother me, but the place does loose some of its identity looking like this.

I also note that my avatar might need changing if the background brightness stays in the current range.
Steady on.