Author Topic: Bad Science Movies  (Read 1395 times)

Offline Cat-Nadian

• Board Legend
  • There is only Zuul
    • View Profile
    • Cat-Nadian Blog
Bad Science Movies
« on: August 03, 2014, 12:34:38 PM »
While i was searching for alien invasion movies,it popped in my head,what about a funny thread about bad science movies,the kind you see on direct to DVDs or SyFy,so i start with.....Atomic Twister

Have fun MST3K the movie with some friends ;)

Offline Cat-Nadian

• Board Legend
  • There is only Zuul
    • View Profile
    • Cat-Nadian Blog
Re: Bad Science Movies
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 11:56:01 AM »
Combining bad science and horror,here's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tst0bPqpm7M

Offline NRSD Moonshadow

• Toot! Toot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 03:49:47 PM »
Saw one recently about piranhas that couldn't even get the shots of a US Navy Ship consistent. First it was a Whitbey Island Class LSD, then it was some foreign destroyer design, Then it was an Iowa Class Battleship. To make things worse, the piranhas managed to sink the ship in its Battleship appearance. Didn't catch the name though.
In Soviet Russia, computer fix YOU!

Offline Cat-Nadian

• Board Legend
  • There is only Zuul
    • View Profile
    • Cat-Nadian Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 08:19:28 AM »
LOL Mega Piranha,another of those SyFy marvelous movies. ;D

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
  • All things not of this world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 02:49:18 AM »
About a year ago I rented Shark Night 3D for one reason (and she wasn't in the movie long enough to justify the rental) and as a shark fan with some knowledge i was less than impressed.  They used a Sand Tiger CG model for a Tiger shark.
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"
High priest in the Cult of J

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
  • Stuck in the middle of nowhere...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 06:21:00 PM »
Saw one recently about piranhas that couldn't even get the shots of a US Navy Ship consistent. First it was a Whitbey Island Class LSD, then it was some foreign destroyer design, Then it was an Iowa Class Battleship. To make things worse, the piranhas managed to sink the ship in its Battleship appearance. Didn't catch the name though.

Off topic, but that reminds me of another Syfy movie, "American Warships".  Only caught a little bit of it but it was basically a knockoff of Battleship, an Iowa-class battleship on a training mission was chasing this alien ship (with an invisibility cloak of course).  They would switch between live shots of an actual Iowa-class (as far as I could tell anyway), to a 'meh' CGI-model, then to a really crappy CGI-model for action scenes.  All the other effects in the movie were really crappy too...
“Battle is not a simulation. It’s blood and screams and funerals.” – Capt. Georgiou – Star Trek: Discovery – “The Vulcan Hello”

Offline Terran Imperial

• Food!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017, 01:22:06 AM »
Some bad movies i've seen.
Christmas twister which was strangely on lifetime of all places. Hilariously awful movie. It contained such gems such as the father asking random people where his daughter is( like they would know), people walking aimlessly in a ruined town,  It has to be seen to be believed.

Another awful movie is airplane v volcano. Best part was when a guy gets killed by a meteor strike to the chest. The most interesting character was the psycho-ticking time bomb. The 'film' also notably used the same shot of the airplane in the volcano.

The most recent bad movie ivseen was  lake placid v anaconda. That movie was so funny.
i want to put my fist through this whole lousy beautiful town