Author Topic: Clean your Bookmarks regularly  (Read 2126 times)

Offline USS Mariner

• Absolutley Right™
    • View Profile
Clean your Bookmarks regularly
« on: September 27, 2014, 11:40:44 PM »
I lost track of this place until I decided to go through my Bookmarks so Firefox would sync properly across my PC and phone.

As for returning, yeah, I'm definitely going to return to activity here. Funny how things like Facebook and TrekBBS are SO GODDAMN LARGE AND DRAMATIC that SCN manages to still be a great place to be, or return to.

Oh wow, I just noticed that I returned on the same day I joined the forums in 2006; September 28th.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 11:42:25 PM by USS Mariner »
"Improve a mechanical device and you may double productivity. But improve man, you gain a thousandfold." - Khan Noonien Singh
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
  • Let the big man do his job.
    • View Profile
Re: Clean your Bookmarks regularly
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 06:00:07 PM »
Welcome back
"Well Steve, I think it's more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it." - Bill Gate's response to Steve Jobs' accusation of theft.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
  • All things not of this world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 09:35:56 PM »
Mr Mariner welcome back we missed you.
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"
High priest in the Cult of J

Offline Bernd

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Lord of the Bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 08:51:52 AM »
Another advantage of SCN is that you don't have to log in every few hours to see if there's something new. Sounds sarcastic, but the nature of most places is that everything lasts for just a few hours until it's old news.