Author Topic: new TV series  (Read 1995 times)

Offline scott

• View Profile
new TV series
« on: January 16, 2015, 03:05:17 PM »
from Digital Spy
Star Trek: The CW's president "would hope to have" new TV series

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/news/a620828/star-trek-the-cws-president-would-hope-to-have-new-tv-series.html#~p1z9YQCgyrHrSD
Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
  • Stuck in the middle of nowhere...
    • View Profile
Re: new TV series
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 02:56:45 AM »
Well its nice to know that the president of a network would like to have a Star Trek series.  Though I'd rather have a new Trek series on something other than the CW...
“Battle is not a simulation. It’s blood and screams and funerals.” – Capt. Georgiou – Star Trek: Discovery – “The Vulcan Hello”

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
  • All things not of this world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 02:46:19 AM »
With Arrow and The Flash going on at CW I think I trek show might fit.  Though I'd rather AMC pick up a new Trek show.
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"
High priest in the Cult of J

Offline scott

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 11:06:09 PM »
New ‘Star Trek’ Series Coming To CBS?

03-28-15 • TV Posted by William Monteith

Read more at http://nerdbastards.com/2015/03/28/new-star-trek-series-coming-to-cbs/#fOtxrbghIbjls21W.99

called Star Trek: Federation

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 11:51:09 PM »
^^^That was Bryan Singer's old proposal.  Nothing is set in stone only the usual murmerings. I genuinley think its got the best potential so I hope they decide to go with it.
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
  • Let the big man do his job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 12:35:14 PM »
Did that article really describe the Federation in Star Trek: Federation as strong? Having three members, one of which was a founder, leave in disgust over corruption, leaving the Federation with only 20 member worlds is not strength.
"Well Steve, I think it's more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it." - Bill Gate's response to Steve Jobs' accusation of theft.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 06:21:46 PM »
I wouldn't give the article much credence.  Remember a couple of years ago a captain Worf series was "confirmed"

Offline CX

• Distinguished Member
  • Bully!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 11:11:34 AM »
There always seems to be talk of a series before one of the new movies comes out.  Anyone else notice that?  It gets "confirmed" and then it's found out to be fake not long after.  Sometimes I have to wonder exactly who it is that's fucking with the fandom like that.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough." - TR

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 02:31:10 PM »
Wishful thinkers would be my guess.
Open your mind to new possibilities
-Trip(sort of), The Crossing

Offline scott

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2015, 02:55:30 PM »
TODAY is actually a milestone of a low-light: the 10th anniversary since a new episode of Star Trek aired on TV.
On May 13, 2005, UPN aired the final episode of Enterprise

http://trekmovie.com/2015/05/13/reflections-on-10-years-of-trek-less-tv/