Author Topic: Measurements  (Read 1191 times)

Offline TommyBoy0329

• View Profile
Measurements
« on: June 03, 2015, 07:53:58 PM »
First let me say hello, brand new here, but I have been reading these forums forever and use the database for all kinds of helpful reference information or informative reading...

I have a project I want to start soon, which requires large scale blueprints be sent off and printed for me. I feel like I am nuking this idea, but figured a 3rd party couldn't hurt to settle my mind. Plus the difference between 3ft and 4ft could be a world of difference in the final price, lol.

Measurements, how are they done? This might be an obvious answer and I am just nuking it, but hey it never hurt to ask.

For example, the Nova class is listed as 180m in length. Is that measured from the Deflector dish, aft to the hangar bay, or do we measure from the deflector dish to the trailing edge of the nacelles? Is the length overall or just the primary hull?

Thanks again for all the help!!

Offline scott

• View Profile
Re: Measurements
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 10:48:56 PM »
 the primary hull has a length of 165 meters so the overall length should be 180 to the trailing edge of the nacelles

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
    • The New Haven Chronicles
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 08:16:16 AM »
Scott has it.
The overall length is from the tip of the saucer to the end of the nacelles. The same is true with the width, which for most ships will be the widest part of the saucer section, unless the nacelles extend beyond the width of the saucer. Which ever is the case depending on the class of ship, the widest points are what you measure. This goes for height as well, which depends on how high or low the nacelles extend. In either case once again, you measure from the highest to the lowest points, including the nacelles.
https://www.patreon.com/JonMichaelMay
Help me make art, by joining me on Patreon. Various subscriptions tiers are in place, allowing you to support my addictive art habit for as little as $1 a month.

Offline Bernd

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Lord of the Bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 02:49:36 PM »
As far as I can tell, measurements are always overall length/width/height, unless otherwise noted.

Offline TommyBoy0329

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 07:04:30 PM »
I knew I came to the right place, I appreciate everything, all the info and confirming most of my suspicions.