Author Topic: Syfy's Dark Matter $Spoilers$  (Read 6764 times)

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
  • Stuck in the middle of nowhere...
    • View Profile
Re: Syfy's Dark Matter $Spoilers$
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2017, 08:57:42 PM »
Well now we know what that inky tentacle monster Three was infected with was.
“Battle is not a simulation. It’s blood and screams and funerals.” – Capt. Georgiou – Star Trek: Discovery – “The Vulcan Hello”

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2017, 01:02:08 AM »
That's for sure.
Open your mind to new possibilities
-Trip(sort of), The Crossing

Offline Jon

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2017, 01:24:50 PM »
Misaki and Teku staged a coup and ran Ryo out off the throne, but not before Two had used Misaki's poison blade against her. Teku disappeared. Ryo tells everyone's secrets. I was surprised most by Five's reaction to hers. Two's is interesting. Three's is didn't really surprise me but it filled in the blanks.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 02:20:15 PM by Jon »

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2017, 02:09:37 PM »
Five's reaction indicates it's someone she's met. Their not showing us the pic says it's someone we know. Alicia Reynaud would be near the top of the list.

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2017, 02:10:28 PM »
Two stabbed Misaki with the poison dagger before she could stab Ryo with it.  I don't think Teku worked with Misaki to stage the coup, I get the feeling that Teku was loyal to Ryo and figured out that Misaki was staging a coup, which is why Two promised to Teku to get Ryo off Zairon.

Five's reaction to seeing an image of her sister was pretty interesting, in a way that leads me to believe we have seen her already... {FLO beat me to saying that, who's Alicia Reynaud?} It was interesting to see Three sacrifice his clone to save himself from knowing his secret.  It seems Six was betrayed by someone in the G.A...  At this point we've seen/heard about most of what Future Five told the Android.  The only thing that jumps out at me as being left to see/hear about is "the doubled deception" and "The Black Ships".

Also way to spoil shit with the previews there Syfy.  I see you didn't learn your lesson with SGA...
“Battle is not a simulation. It’s blood and screams and funerals.” – Capt. Georgiou – Star Trek: Discovery – “The Vulcan Hello”

Offline Jon

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2017, 02:40:50 PM »
Two stabbed Misaki with the poison dagger before she could stab Ryo with it.

That's right, I had watched the episode late in the evening and remembered some of the events wrong.

I get the feeling that Teku was loyal to Ryo and figured out that Misaki was staging a coup, which is why Two promised to Teku to get Ryo off Zairon
Another part I didn't remember correctly. Could see Misaki's plans going into motion. Teku's loyalty is strong so he acted accordingly.

Five's reaction to seeing an image of her sister was pretty interesting, in a way that leads me to believe we have seen her already... {FLO beat me to saying that, who's Alicia Reynaud?} It was interesting to see Three sacrifice his clone to save himself from knowing his secret.  It seems Six was betrayed by someone in the G.A...  At this point we've seen/heard about most of what Future Five told the Android.  The only thing that jumps out at me as being left to see/hear about is "the doubled deception" and "The Black Ships".

Could be right about Alicia Reynaud being Five's sister. It would make sense. She's in Season 2, Episode 7. In the facility that was holding the rest of the Blink Drive tech. "The Black Ships" could be another product from Dwarf Star Technologies. Or Ferrous Corp.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 03:12:38 PM by Jon »

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2017, 04:24:50 PM »
Alicia Reynaud was the one they stole the Blink Drive from. Part of the reason she is suspected of being Five's sister is the interest she showed when she figured out it was Five that stole the card that made the Blink Drive work.

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2017, 10:33:10 PM »
Ah, thanks.

As for "The Black Ships",  given recent trends on the show and information contained within the spoilery previews, I would bet they are something Ferrous Corp. is cooking up.  But they could just as well be something Dwarf Star Tech. cooked up as a result of their deals with the transdimensional ink aliens.  Or they could end up being a threat for next season unrelated to either corporation...

Also "The Black Ships" sounds very Babylon 5.

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2017, 12:29:41 AM »
No problem.

Speaking of B5, I've found myself comparing this one to it lately (previously I was comparing Killjoys to B5, in terms of writing). It seems mostly to be in terms of relationships as a minimum.

Offline Jon

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 25, 2017, 09:40:49 PM »
Wow. Season finale was a great one! What a cliffhanger too! Still don't know who the sister is, but the adoptive mother of Five's sister is Alicia Reynaud. The transdimensional aliens took control of Two, and set up the Blink Drive to open a spatial anomaly after destroying the Ferrous Corp shipyard. The appearance of The Black Ships was very reminiscent of SG1's Ori invasion at the first functioning super gate. Then again, couldn't expect anything less from the writers of Stargate.  The exchanges between Two, Three and Alt-Portia Lin were nice touches.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 06:40:15 AM by Jon »

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 25, 2017, 11:45:40 PM »
Yeah, less last year's "How do they get out of this?" and more "What now?"

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
  • Let the big man do his job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 26, 2017, 08:25:43 AM »
Two is under control of the aliens.
Three has been taken by Portia.
Four has lost his empire, and is back on the Raza.
Five is spunky Five.
Six is possibly dead (they've been hinting at him doing something all season).
The Android's body is down, but she's still in the computer.
Wexler is possibly joining the Raza crew.

The blink drive is destroyed, along with the Marauder, and the galaxy is being invaded by aliens...

... They're fucked.
"Well Steve, I think it's more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it." - Bill Gate's response to Steve Jobs' accusation of theft.

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 26, 2017, 01:19:09 PM »
That is a fair assessment at this time.

Offline Jon

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 26, 2017, 01:42:22 PM »
When/if Alt-Portia Lin brings Three back to the Raza, they'll have replaced the destroyed Marauder with the Alt-Marauder with FTL - well, we can hope for that.

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 26, 2017, 02:01:23 PM »
If Portia is willing to give it up. ... Well, she did give up her Raza, so anything is possible I guess.

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 26, 2017, 10:20:23 PM »
Way to not tell us that is the season finale until the last minute Syfy...

Anywho...  Yes the appearance of The Black Ships was very reminiscent of the Ori fleet arriving through the Supergate.  Also it was nice to see a big ship battle on the show, and it was reminiscent of the fight over the Pegasus Replicator homeworld in SGA.

I might have been seeing things, but it looked like a ship jumped to FTL at the end when The Black Ships started coming through.

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 27, 2017, 12:44:37 AM »
Yeah, at least one of Ferris's ships, I believe. It didn't look like a Mekkei ship. I also think it was just slightly before they figured out what they were seeing was a portal.

Offline Jon

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2017, 05:34:11 PM »
https://www.threeifbyspace.net/2017/09/syfy-cancels-dark-matter-puts-hundreds-work/#.WanjNqj3vRs.facebook  :'(

Dark Matter has been cancelled, so no season 4, and left with a huge cliffhanger.

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
  • Let the big man do his job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 01, 2017, 05:44:39 PM »
Fuck you SyFy...
"Well Steve, I think it's more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it." - Bill Gate's response to Steve Jobs' accusation of theft.

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 01, 2017, 08:08:43 PM »
... What...

... Wynonna Earp gets renewed for 1, Killjoys renewed for its last 2 seasons... Dark Matter? Screw that? #^$^$&&$$&@$@!!!

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 02, 2017, 09:21:10 PM »
Considering that the show was created by the people who made SG-1, I should have seen this coming...

Fuck you Syfy.  Once The Expanse, Killjoys, and 12 Monkeys are done, you're dead to me (again).

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 03, 2017, 12:17:08 AM »
Two years, as a minimum, then.