Author Topic: Syfy's Dark Matter $Spoilers$  (Read 5753 times)

Offline Jon

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
Re: Syfy's Dark Matter $Spoilers$
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2016, 09:10:32 PM »
Well that was a cliff-hanger...and yeah, WOW. What happens now!? I mean, there's gonna be a lot to be made up to see if the crew of the Raza survives.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 09:17:17 PM by Jon »

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2016, 10:29:16 PM »
I think you said it best, TNC...
Open your mind to new possibilities
-Trip(sort of), The Crossing

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
  • Stuck in the middle of nowhere...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2016, 01:55:43 PM »
My guess is that any surviving crew would be split up for a time.   Three got picked up by that GA officer from the prison, the one who told Six who he really was IIRC, possibly winding up back in prison or something.  I don't know about Two or Six, but Five and Dr. Weir got off the station through a Stargate she had hidden on board.  And finally I'll bet Ryo will kill that little jealous bitch if he ever finds out she killed Nyx.
“Battle is not a simulation. It’s blood and screams and funerals.” – Capt. Georgiou – Star Trek: Discovery – “The Vulcan Hello”

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2016, 02:33:39 PM »
Yep, he finds out, she won't be around for more than a week. And I'm being very generous in that assessment.

EDIT: I think I figured out why they announced the renewal ahead of the finale. After would have caused a riot.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 03:37:46 PM by Fiery Little One »

Offline Jon

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2017, 05:31:26 PM »
Season 3 started out good. Felt a bit rushed somewhat though. Still good. 5 had been messing the neural interface, revealing Sarah and had been digging in her memories and brought out something new. Looks like Ryo is gaining traction but losing the blink drive sure has put a damper on his plans to fight the corporations. It seems like Misaki has some ulterior motives in how she spoke to Ryo concerning Nyx and the Raza crew.

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2017, 06:12:38 PM »
I think it might be related to why she seems to dislike Teku. What that might be is too early to tell, so far.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 05:01:18 PM by Fiery Little One »

Offline Jon

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2017, 03:46:04 PM »
With Six having faced his demons and incurred his own justice and stayed with the colony to lead in "Welcome to the Revolution," and Adrian and Solara hitching a ride with the Raza, this past episode "All the Time in the World" was actually quite good. Definitely felt a lot like SG1's "Window of Opportunity" up until everything was tied together in the last half of the episode. I hope they will deep dive into the things the the Android saw during her timeloop.

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2017, 04:00:14 PM »
I've seen some speculation that maybe some of it will come to pass. About the only one I'm sure we *will* see soon-ish is the fall of the House of Ishida.

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2017, 10:56:19 AM »
The time loop episode felt like SG-1 "Window of Opportunity" at first before getting more serious, the the assassin Ash's death reminded me of that video game DS9: The Fallen where people were fused to the station's hull, and the flash forward with the Android talking to future Five reminded me of the SG-1 episode where they went back to the 1960's due to a solar flare and then to the future with another solar flare where Cassandra sent them back to the present.

In the alt-Raza crew episode, did anyone else think that building they showed the Miekki Commander lady (who's name I have no idea how to spell) looked like one of Atlantis' towers?  That was a fun little nod.
“Battle is not a simulation. It’s blood and screams and funerals.” – Capt. Georgiou – Star Trek: Discovery – “The Vulcan Hello”

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2017, 02:27:28 PM »
For the most part, I can see those comparisons. (I'm not familiar with the game you mentioned, I've heard of it but that's it.)

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2017, 09:29:36 AM »
The opening cutscene of DS9: The Fallen shows some Cardassians tinkering with an Orb of the Pah Wraiths on DS9 in a secret lab, inevitably things go horribly wrong and they get blasted by energy discharges.  At least one of them gets fused with the wall of the station where the corpse is discovered during the course of the game.

Anywho I'd bet that the House of Ishida falls by the season finale with the way things are going.

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2017, 01:23:33 PM »
Ah, thanks for that. Also, yeah, if Ryo doesn't get his head back on his shoulders I don't see things being stable much past the finale.

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2017, 05:00:26 PM »
Mind screw episode was nice.  What was the deal with that scene with the Android and Three at the end?  Is Sarah taking the Android over?  Or does it have something to do with that person in the weird getup on Ziron?

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2017, 05:19:57 PM »
I was reminded of Frame of Mind, through most of it. This one just had more fake-outs.

As for the end... Yeah, I don't know.

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2017, 11:17:55 PM »
I was reminded of Frame of Mind, through most of it. This one just had more fake-outs.

I was thinking the same thing!

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2017, 02:17:39 AM »
Strange minds think alike, eh?  ;)

Offline Jon

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2017, 08:34:02 PM »
I loved tonight's episode. Interesting tid bits here and there. Seemed like it had several nods to other shows. BTTF, Stargate, Star Trek, and Stranger Things (the kids)

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2017, 11:32:23 PM »
BTTF?

On a larger note, the show itself has a lot of nods to other shows.  Stargate obviously since the two franchises were made by the same people.  The Android is totally a female Data.  In fact I nominate the actress who plays The Android to play a female Data in the event of a TNG-era Kelvin Timeline movie.  :P  The G.A. is a darker variant of the Federation.  A corporate controlled interplanetary society is reminiscent of the Borderlands game franchise, or perhaps a logical conclusion of the corporate controlled future of Continuum (and many other things come to think of it).

But yeah, it was a fun episode.  I had a little LOL about the kid not getting past level 5 of his game.

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2017, 02:20:47 AM »
Yeah, this was a fun one.

Offline Jon

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2017, 06:51:41 AM »
At least we know now where it stands in the timeline. Not knowing how far into the future Dark Matter was placed in had bugged me a bit. 27th Century.

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2017, 02:00:17 PM »
Answering that question was nice.

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2017, 10:41:19 PM »
Well we've met the Android's creator, and judging by episode names, we'll find out what the Dwarf Star Conspiracy is next week.  So that's two of the things Future Five talked about.

Also the GA really seemed to want to capture/destroy those Androids.  To the point of ignoring the galaxy's most wanted criminals...

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 06, 2017, 12:45:46 AM »
That was a bit odd, but I'm sre we'll find out why they ignored them soon enough.

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2017, 04:45:06 PM »
My favorite scene from last week's episode was where Two proceeds to take control of the Raza by kicking some people's asses in the mess hall while Three just sits there and eats.

Two: "I'm taking control of this ship.  Any objections?"
Three: "Was rooting for you the whole time."

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2017, 05:17:04 PM »
That was interesting in the sense that we now know how she got the Raza in the first place. I figured it was 50/50 that she took it from somebody else once we got a look at what Portia was really like.