Author Topic: MaximumWeeaboo  (Read 740 times)

Offline CX

• Distinguished Member
  • Bully!
    • View Profile
MaximumWeeaboo
« on: October 12, 2015, 11:51:15 AM »
So my friends and I got into doing a group thing for a while.  Essentially it's a fan-zine, which was inspired by my purchase at one point of an issue of "Otaku USA."  What inspired it was that basically every review in that magazine was basically a big slobbering blowjob to whatever was being written about.  This inspired us to write some of our own stuff, which is more honest, frank, and somewhat mean-spirited (as you can tell by reading the Evangelion review in the first issue).  Sadly, of late we've pretty much stopped doing much of anything at all, let alone on a regular basis.  Still, you an certainly visit the website and check out the issues we have put out.  I'd be interested in seeing what you all think of them, as they are a bit different from my usual style.

Oh, we also all adopted pen names based on the different names called out during the MST3K episode "Space Mutiny."  I'm Bolt Vanderhuge.  ;)

We also did a couple of video reviews, though that was apparently all we could manage, as any plans after that to do a review pretty much fell through.  Still, here there are for your enjoyment:

MaximumWeeaboo's High School of the Dead Review.  And yes, the opening title riffs were made completely on the fly as we watched it.

MaximumWeeaboo's Gun Smith Cats Review.  We actually made an attempt at preparing our riffs for this one.  Here's a blooper from this process.

Another thing we thought we'd do is to make a few little humorous videos just based on things our twisted little minds thought of when watching something for our weekly anime night.  Naturally, with a name like MaximumWeeaboo, we decided to call them omake.  ;D

Hakko Learns to say "I Love You" (Canaan)

Shions Knife Trick

Ke$ha and Sins

Gendo's Health Plan

Trek Dandy

Keiichi and Belldandy at the Movies

Unleash the Power of the Sun!

Hillary for Anime

There are also a few other videos you can check out on the MaximumWeeaboo channel, like the panel that never was (we just took over an empty room at a small local con), a support video for another reviewer we like whose channel was taken down for a time, and some short review videos called "What am I Watch?!"  Also a couple of the omake were posted to a friend's channel (he made them), and it could be fun to see our early interest in trolling Grand Theft Auto IV's multiplayer, our current obsession with World of Tanks, and his fascination with the local weather being as he's from California, where they don't get that kind of weather.  ;)
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough." - TR

Offline CX

• Distinguished Member
  • Bully!
    • View Profile
Re: MaximumWeeaboo
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 01:52:04 AM »
New omake released - Tray Issues
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough." - TR

Offline CX

• Distinguished Member
  • Bully!