Author Topic: A Star Trek Story  (Read 944 times)

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
    • The New Haven Chronicles
A Star Trek Story
« on: July 11, 2016, 05:25:36 PM »
Branching off from my other thread, what other stand alone stories would we want to see told.

A captain Sulu adventure?

Something involving the Romualn war, Balance of Terror/Hunt for Red October style?

Throw out some ideas.
https://www.patreon.com/JonMichaelMay
Help me make art, by joining me on Patreon. Various subscriptions tiers are in place, allowing you to support my addictive art habit for as little as $1 a month.

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
  • Stuck in the middle of nowhere...
    • View Profile
Re: A Star Trek Story
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 09:45:53 PM »
In no particular order....
Breen attack on Earth during the Dominion War

Battle of Narendra III

Romulan War

The Battle of Betazed/Occupation of Betazed/Liberation of Betazed or just a general Dominion War Documentary that would show a lot of the stuff that happened off-screen

Cardassian Occupation of Bajor

Post Dominion War story (rebuilding the fleet, political stuff, what kind of changes a major war would have on the Federation, veterans dealing with PTSD)

Aftermath of the Hobus Disaster

Founding of the Federation including Archer's speech that Troi mentioned memorizing and wasn't shown in that Godawful finale of Enterprise  (okay there's a little sarcasm there, but Founding of the Federation)

A look at how the Federation government works

Something involving regular Federation citizens, (just what does a regular person do in a post-scarcity society where money doesn't exist and you don't have to work for a living)

Post-Nemesis Romulan political drama
“Battle is not a simulation. It’s blood and screams and funerals.” – Capt. Georgiou – Star Trek: Discovery – “The Vulcan Hello”

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
  • All things not of this world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 01:32:39 PM »
I had a rather interesting idea that I kept thinking about at work. 

"Tomorrow's Enterprise: A Star Trek Story"  Before arriving in the 2360's where it met up with the Enterprise-D the Enterprise-C was thrown out of the Space time continuum by an unknown force.  Captain Garrett is transported sometime into the future where she's picked up by the Enterprise-J which has survived the destruction of the timeline.  Realizing that without the Enterprise-C at Narendra 3 the klingons conquer the galaxy.  It turns out that a descendant of Duras manipulated the timeline so his family would rule the empire.  The enterprise-J searches the timestream for the missing ship to set right what once went wrong.
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"
High priest in the Cult of J

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 04:14:24 PM »
^Star Trek Online did a similar story.  After the E-C went back through the time anomoly with Tasha Yar on board, it was sent to an alternate 2409 where the Federation lost to the Dominion and the player character's crew is working for the Tholians (I think that's what happened, I know the PC's crew is working for the Tholians though).  The goal of the mission is to escape the facility where the E-C is being stored at, fight off some Tholians, then a 29th century timeship shows up and restores the timeline. 
“Battle is not a simulation. It’s blood and screams and funerals.” – Capt. Georgiou – Star Trek: Discovery – “The Vulcan Hello”

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 01:19:29 AM »
Interesting...I like mine better.  Either way final stand of the Enterprise-c seems to be popular.
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
  • Let the big man do his job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2016, 09:58:33 AM »
^Star Trek Online did a similar story.  After the E-C went back through the time anomoly with Tasha Yar on board, it was sent to an alternate 2409 where the Federation lost to the Dominion and the player character's crew is working for the Tholians (I think that's what happened, I know the PC's crew is working for the Tholians though).  The goal of the mission is to escape the facility where the E-C is being stored at, fight off some Tholians, then a 29th century timeship shows up and restores the timeline.

The Federation didn't fall to the Dominion, they fell to the Klingons. It was the same timeline created when the E-C traveled forward, they just ended up traveling forward an additional 40 years, until the Pastak was able to set everything right .

Not long after the Klingons defeated the Federation, the Cardassians discovered the Wormhole, and made an alliance with the Dominion. Without Starfleet, the Klingons were easily defeated, followed by the Romulans. The Tholians had a non-aggression pact with the Dominion, and were given massive swaths of Romulan territory.
"Well Steve, I think it's more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it." - Bill Gate's response to Steve Jobs' accusation of theft.

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 06:57:33 AM »
I new the Dominion was in there somewhere.  Thanks for clarifying.

Offline trekman10

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 11:03:57 PM »
I had an idea a while back for three movies that would serve as the basis for a new series set post-Hobus.

The first movie would have been about the politics post-dominion war, the effect the war had on the Federation, Klingons, and Romulans.

The second movie would be about shifting in Starfleet back to exploration. (a lot of buildup for the theoretical series would happen here)

The third would be the Hobus supernova, from the perspective of a Romulan Ambasador to the Federation.

As for the post-Hobus series, it would have been similar to the shift from the TOS world to the TNG world, we'd be in a new part of space, new aliens, new enterprise. There would be no repeats of the previous alien dynamics (the Cardassians are a republic, friendly to the Federation. Bajor is a member, the Klingons and Romulans have tense relations but have relations nonetheless, basically all of the Federation's enemies from before are either not enemies anymore, or are distant, like the Borg or Dominion.)

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2016, 02:29:50 AM »
Ok this was an idea I had some years ago before the announced the reboot movies.

Defiant - The movie would open with an extended history of the mirror universe and the Terran empire (probably with the same theme from In a Mirror Darkly) we'd then see a small group of young terran soilders being brought on board the starship Defiant NCC-1764.  This opening would take place about 10 years after IAMD in which the Defiant has become the imperial throne ship.  The group of soilders rebel and take the Defiant proclaiming themselves to be a cult called the sons of defiant their leader is a young Joker-esque character who claims to have big plans.  The credits would start and we'd see the prime universe Defiant (the one from DS9) rescuing a science ship (an oceanic research vessel) in the gamma quadrant from a group of rouge jem'hadar ships.  This would be a great battle sequence showing off the defiant's new atmospheric flying skills.  Worf would be the commanding officer with a mixed crew of new characters and old DS9 cast members (I was actually thinking Tuvok could be his first officer on this mission).  They save the research ship and head back towards the wormhole.  While in the wormhole it begins acting funny and spits them out.  Not understanding what has happened or where DS9 is they had for Bajor but are warned off. They head to earth for reasons i never thoughts up and realize that they're in the MU 200 years in the past and see the old Defiant.  Realizing something is wrong they end up down on earth trying to stop a mass execution and are found out.  The Defiant has to fly down for a close range transport and is fired at by several orbital cannons (think like the scene from Akira and Batman Beyond Return of the Joker).  The old Defiant leaves Earth with a small armada of terran warships and the prime Defiant interscepts and confronts the imperials.  Somehow the Imperials have the Defiants orefix codes and attack.  The Defiant is damaged but manages to escape.  They realize something is wrong and follow the armada to tholian space and the interphase.  using a tricobalt warhead they reopen the rift and travel inside the defiant follows.  They find an enormous futuristic ship (this is the Enterprise-J but the crews never find that out) sitting in a pocket universe.  The Cult of Defiant attempts to take the ship with help from a time traveler from the future.  This is the future guy from Enterprise and its how the imperials got the Defiant's prefix codes.  The prime Defiant attacks and easily outclasses the imperial ships with its prefix codes changed.  But the Imperials have gotten some of the systems on the E-J working.  Through ways I havent figured out yet they stop the imperials send the E-j back to its own time and salvage the old constitution class Defiant.

I hadn't worked out all the details obviously but i think its a nifty idea.