Author Topic: Rogue One: A Star Wars story  (Read 2372 times)

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
    • The New Haven Chronicles
Rogue One: A Star Wars story
« on: July 15, 2016, 07:39:30 PM »
Surprised no one has started this thread yet...
Link to the first trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wji-BZ0oCwg

They released a sizzle reel today at Star Wars celebration event. Much coolness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUb_zpdyDpU
https://www.patreon.com/JonMichaelMay
Help me make art, by joining me on Patreon. Various subscriptions tiers are in place, allowing you to support my addictive art habit for as little as $1 a month.

Online Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars story
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 12:38:06 AM »
Another one I'm looking forward to.
Open your mind to new possibilities
-Trip(sort of), The Crossing

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
  • All things not of this world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 01:07:20 AM »
Looks pretty good so far.
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"
High priest in the Cult of J

Online Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 01:28:11 AM »

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 08:41:18 PM »
Looks good. Oh Felicity Jones is so cute!
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"

Online Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2016, 02:14:27 AM »
You should look for the pictures of her with her 6" Black Series figure. I'm buying it just because she looked that adorably happy with it.

Online Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2016, 01:55:45 AM »
Not news, just some late night speculation:

I was looking at some of my Black Series figures just before I decided to post and I realized that K-2SO was slightly shorter than Chewbacca. Plus his body arrangement, proportions might be a better word, is similar to Chewie's. I think K2's model was intended to go up against Wookies.

Online Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2016, 04:32:54 PM »
Final Trailer* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC9abcLLQpI

*Some places are calling it that anyway.

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
  • Let the big man do his job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2016, 08:58:37 PM »
The one and only reason I want to see this movie is Felicity Jones.
"Well Steve, I think it's more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it." - Bill Gate's response to Steve Jobs' accusation of theft.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2016, 10:08:27 PM »
The one and only reason I want to see this movie is Felicity Jones.

Not the only reason for me but good golly.

Final Trailer* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC9abcLLQpI

Wow looks damn good.  I love the music too.

Online Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2016, 01:51:55 AM »
For some reason ever since it was confirmed Vader was in the movie, I was running under the impression that he had a smaller part than this is implying. I'm more than happy to be wrong here, though.

Online Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2016, 04:49:57 PM »
Where... Do... I... Begin...?

Well, let's take a page from Razor again, shall we?

The Good:

-Even though you know how this movie ends, how they get there is totally worth it.
-It fits in very well with where it's placed.
-The Effects used for... Certain... Characters... Is top notch, you might think they used some previously unused footage for this, but they didn't.
-DO. NOT. MESS. WITH. VADER.

The Bad:

-...I got nothin'.

The Ugly:

-As much as they explain, there's plenty that they leave out. It should prove interesting when they give us something on some of those left out events.

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
    • The New Haven Chronicles
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2016, 07:51:20 PM »
I saw it Thursday night in Imax 3d...it was amazing. The beginning is...not slow, but there's a lot build up and get through but somewhere about half way through you realize, they've built these characters and started to flesh out this world (which is one of the highlights of the film, the way they add substance to a world that has existed as long as this one has).

I won't spoil the ending because the pay off of the final moments (you'll either love it or think it went too far), is worth seeing unspoiled. I will say though, it goes right up to the point where A New Hope begins in a way that is amazing.

The only negative I had coming away from it is the lack of a John Williams score. Oddly enough, the composer that has scored the last three Star Trek films did the score. Not hearing the classic theme or even the Imperial March hurt it I think, though I understand why they made that choice. This isn't a trilogy film and they wanted to set it apart from the rest and score aside, they achieved their goal. This is not a regular Star Wars movie, yet it feels very much at home tucked well within the two trilogies.

There is a fair bit of fan service and some of it works better than the rest. Again, this is something that you'll either love or think they went too far with.

And like FLO said, even though you know how the story ends, how it gets there is so totally worth.

And yeah, Vader's part is badass...possibly one of the best Vader fight scenes from the entire franchise.
https://www.patreon.com/JonMichaelMay
Help me make art, by joining me on Patreon. Various subscriptions tiers are in place, allowing you to support my addictive art habit for as little as $1 a month.

Online Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2016, 11:47:09 PM »
Oh yeah, easily top 5. ;D