Author Topic: NCC1701-A Communications Console -- Undiscovered Country  (Read 101 times)

Offline commofficer1701

• View Profile
NCC1701-A Communications Console -- Undiscovered Country
« on: March 27, 2017, 02:43:44 PM »
Hey all -- just joined EAS.  I've been viewing the site for quite a while, figured it was time to make it official.  So, hardcore TOS fan here, and have always been fascinated by the Enterprise's tech, particularly the bridges and control panel layouts.  I'm hoping one of you can help me:

In The Undiscovered Country director Nick Meyer requested side extensions be added to Spock and Uhura's consoles, ostensibly to allow them to favor the main viewscreen for better shots.
The communications extension featured, from the quick glances I got, typical Meyer details similar to those on the helm console -- a row of black toggle switches, a bank of sliders, manual input keys and what looks to be a couple of vertical rows of notated buttons.  I have never been able to find a detailed shot of this.

Would anyone here have a really clear image or, better yet, an Okudagram-esque layout of this console extension ?!? 

I've honestly been looking for years with no luck, so you'd make a frustrated Trekker EXTREMELY happy.
Looking forward to hearing back.

Thanks!
Chris

Offline CX

• Distinguished Member
  • Bully!
    • View Profile
Re: NCC1701-A Communications Console -- Undiscovered Country
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 04:09:18 PM »
I haven't looked through it in detail, but TrekCore has screencaps and production photos.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough." - TR