Author Topic: AR constellation class  (Read 838 times)

Offline Terran Imperial

• Food!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
AR constellation class
« on: April 18, 2017, 07:30:37 PM »
Old model I plan on reworking

The Constellation class was developed by the heavily militarized starfleet of the 2260s. The Federation had enjoyed a fragile peace for over a decade, which would be shattered by sightings of Humans on Qo'nos in 2259. With the remnants of the Klingon Empire beginning to strengthen with the help of the Romulan Empire, the Federation began to focus on defense of the Border. Allied Nations freed from the control of the Klingon Empire were also at great risk. After the Fall of the Krios Royal State, it was determined that the Federation could not stand by while their allies in the Beta Quadrant. The Constellation class was drawn up as a multi role transport vessel.

The most notable characteristic of the Constellation class was it's unique quadruple nacelle design, with the reason being that in case of a disabled nacelle, the ship would still be capable of maintaining a stable warp field. The nacelles were placed in pairs on each of the secondary hulls. The Constellation class had the unique ability of being able to launch it's modified HGX-01 Nacelles as warheads.

The primary featured 8 hangar bays, with 4 lined in a row along the port and starboard sides of the aft primary hull. The hangar space could be used in various ways. Constellation class ships carried fighter ships and other small vessels to and from the frontlines. They also ferried supplies to friendly worlds. In cases where an evacuation was needed, A constellation class vessel could utilize the transporters in it's hangars, to mass transport people and objects aboard.   
Constellation class vessels were somewhat of a departure from previous starfleet designs (while the Newton Type could be used as a carrier, it was not soley dedicated to said role)
 Comments and suggestions are welcome
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 07:37:44 PM by Terran Imperial »
So, do you remember me
In those moments just before you sleep?
I know you remember me
Swear to me the memory isn't seen
Promise me
That it doesn't make your heart beat
Doesn't make your heart beat

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
  • Stuck in the middle of nowhere...
    • View Profile
Re: AR constellation class
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 05:46:42 PM »
I like it!
A few suggestions/nitpicks...
-In your backstory you write, "After the Fall of the Krios Royal State, it was determined that the Federation could not stand by while their allies in the Beta Quadrant."  That's an incomplete statement.
-The back end of the saucer is a little too flat/ends abruptly.  It might look better with some curvature or some structures back there.  IIRC the Prime Timeline Constellation has something in that spot.
“Battle is not a simulation. It’s blood and screams and funerals.” – Capt. Georgiou – Star Trek: Discovery – “The Vulcan Hello”

Offline Terran Imperial

• Food!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 07:26:04 PM »
I like it!
A few suggestions/nitpicks...
-In your backstory you write, "After the Fall of the Krios Royal State, it was determined that the Federation could not stand by while their allies in the Beta Quadrant."  That's an incomplete statement.
That's so funny lol. I'll fix it eventually.
-The back end of the saucer is a little too flat/ends abruptly.  It might look better with some curvature or some structures back there.  IIRC the Prime Timeline Constellation has something in that spot.
I know. I'll keep that in mind when I redo the model.
So, do you remember me
I know you remember me
Promise me

Offline Bernd

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Lord of the Bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 11:01:15 AM »
This is definitely another candidate for the JoAT. Very well thought out.

Offline Terran Imperial

• Food!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 09:17:55 AM »

I changed some things on the model. The pylons and nacelles should be done soon, and then the aztecing and ect.
So, do you remember me
I know you remember me
Promise me