Author Topic: Coronado: Locations, people and other stuff.  (Read 942 times)

Offline Terran Imperial

• Food!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
Coronado: Locations, people and other stuff.
« on: May 21, 2017, 10:07:53 AM »
The Year Is 2187
The Ship is the USS Coronado

Okay now that i'm done being extra, this topic is basically going to feature exactly what it says from a story that i'm writing.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 12:52:48 PM by Terran Imperial »
So, do you remember me
In those moments just before you sleep?
I know you remember me
Swear to me the memory isn't seen
Promise me
That it doesn't make your heart beat
Doesn't make your heart beat

Offline Terran Imperial

• Food!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
Re: Coronado: Locations, people and other stuff.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 10:10:39 AM »
Federation map circa 2185

still have yet to put major locations. The map is based off the one from stellar cartography
So, do you remember me
I know you remember me
Promise me

Offline Terran Imperial

• Food!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 10:16:33 AM »
The planet Barkol, with the Hundburg in view

Diameter: 15,608 km
Terrain: urban, terrestrial
Population: 20 billion
Native species: Begalan

Barkol was one of the first planets to join the Federation after its founding in 2161. Barkol was the capital world of the Rekol Republic. The Rekol Republic joined the federation in 2165. Barkol orbited the star Seres in a system of 20 planets a few light years away from the Romulan Neutral Zone. Barkol was orbited by 5 moons. Barkol's capital and largest city was Hundburg, massive megapolis located on the Cedrat continent. The second largest city, Jen-Wa City, was located in the I'nua archipelago. Barkol's shipyards were located in the Rehaja desert. The Berdea continent located south of Cedrat, was the location of many ancient cultural centers. There was no natural ice sheets or glaciers on Barkol, and snow was almost unheard of, except in the mountains. The language used in Barkol politics was Kalian. Five other languages were spoken by the population, however Kalian was spoken by all.
map:
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 02:17:02 PM by Terran Imperial »
So, do you remember me
I know you remember me
Promise me

Offline Terran Imperial

• Food!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 06:39:20 PM »

Name:Jaren Mesen Ko-Ree
Species: Begalan
Homeworld: Barkol
Born:2140
Affiliation: Federation, Starfleet, Rekol Republic, Rekol Space Navy
Previous Assignment: CO, USS Repulse
Assignment: CO, USS Coronado
Bio: The enigmatic captian of the Coronado.

Jaren Ko-Ree (Pronounced as in Korea) was born as one of three triplets to Verity and Hekon Ko-Ree in 2140 on the archipelago of I'nua, in a suburb of Jen-Wa City. As a Begalan, Ko-Ree was a natural empath. In 2146 he moved to Hanjo City, a easy going island town some 280 kilometers from Jen-Wa. 

Ko-Ree would serve in the Space Navy of the Rekol Republic, during their war with the Romulan Star Empire in the 2150s. During his time in service, Ko-Ree became one of the few people who had seen Romulans in the flesh (however his descriptions were brushed off as crazy talk; he was secretly commited to a ward from 2160 to 2162 where the information was repressed). In 2159 in one of the outer sytems of Rekol, the RNV Dyn-Var was captured by Romulan telepresence and rammed into the Kendall, virtually obliterating both ships. Ko-Ree was one of ten survivors of the Kendall, and has since harbored a deep hatred for Romulans (although he says otherwise).

After his country joined the Federation in 2165, Ko-Ree and a large portion of the Rekol Space navy were folded into Federation Starfleet. In 2179, then Commander Ko-Ree was promoted to captain of the Columbia class USS Repulse. Under his command, the Repulse made first contact with dozens of new species. In 2187, Jaren Ko-Ree was chosen to captain the Rockwell class USS Coronado (NCC-0210), a decision met with much protest by a few members of Starfleet Command, mostly from the unofficial group known as the Defense delegation.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 07:42:36 PM by Terran Imperial »
So, do you remember me
I know you remember me
Promise me

Offline Terran Imperial

• Food!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 08:40:34 PM »
So, do you remember me
I know you remember me
Promise me

Offline Terran Imperial

• Food!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 07:36:51 PM »
An insectoid species native to the desert world of Kaferia in the Tau Ceti system. The Dugarans where one of three sentient species native to the planet, including the Kunza and the Polez. They used a senary counting system unlike the duodecimal sytem used by the Kunza and the Pelez. In past eras they lived mostly underground networks of cities, but have been moving towards the surface ever since Kaferia abolished the caste based system of segregation.

Dugarans had a tough exoskeleton. They had four arms with three fingers on each hand. Dugarans had triple jointed legs.

will add color and more detail eventually.
So, do you remember me
I know you remember me
Promise me

Offline Terran Imperial

• Food!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2017, 09:01:59 PM »
Kaferia
Diameter: 14,560 km
Terrain: desert
Population: 6 billion
Native species: Dugara, Pelez, Kunza

The planet Kaferia was a planet located in the Tau Ceti system. It was a relatively arid world, although not without it's lush areas. Several expanses of sand desert, known locally as the Sand Mains isolate the different regions of the world. These vast expanses of sand were traversed by some using various forms of transportation, including sand sailers and drill ships. In the past the sand mains where places of lawlessness. The tribal Ribuo culture of the reptillian Kunza traditionally held the most authority of this area.

In addition a large expanse of ocean often roughly translated as the Pelagic belt stretches across the planet. These waters are poisonous to the Pelez and Kunza species, because of the unique chemical composition. Freshwater has historically been a rarity, existing only in the northern ices and in underground basins. The Pelez built their cities near these underground lakes . The underground lakes were inter connected by hundreds of flooded tunnels, and were categorized by their depth below ground. Many Wars were fought over the lakes in the southern hemisphere, especially between the insectoid Dugarans and the humanoid Pelez. The tunnel dwelling Dugarans had no use for the lakes, viewing them more as protected realms being invaded by pests.

The northern Ice cap was a frozen wasteland inhabited by a different subgroup of the pelez. This culture developed much differently from the rest of the planet. Instead of developing and following rain worshipping religions, this culture known as the Lison, had a more technologically advanced standing and a democratic society. Some Lison migrated south to the Grinzhal region, mingling with the native Pelezians and building a large nation centered around the City of Debarron. The Geren Union, as it was called would be at odds with the neighboring Zehaldi Empire, entering into a arms and eventually a space race.

Giant thunderstorms sometimes ravaged the surface, rarely bringing rain and often causing brush fires

Sifarr Foothills: The badlands region to the far west of Debar plateau in the Grinzhal region on the planet Kaferia. It was reachable by several train routes through the many canyons and crevasses of the area.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 09:07:12 PM by Terran Imperial »
So, do you remember me
I know you remember me
Promise me

Offline Bernd

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Lord of the Bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2017, 10:50:44 AM »
Great work! We don't see planet maps too often, and your work is very realistic.

Offline Terran Imperial

• Food!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2017, 02:36:48 PM »
Great work! We don't see planet maps too often, and your work is very realistic.
Thanks !

Here is a list of Starship classes and their registries up until 2210 give or take. I've tailored it for my own purposes. The Production scheme for star fleet by 2205. The Einstein, Biddeford and Elcano classes are names given to classes seen in the kelvin Timeline (Kelvin, Newton, and Mayflower respectively). Subclasses are counted as seperate classes here as well (Rockwell/ Collins, Harcourt/ Edgedancer, NX/ Columbia). I'm assumed that other member worlds would be contructing their own vessels as part of Starfleet (The existence of the Vulcan Expiditionary Group may or may not disprove this)
So, do you remember me
I know you remember me
Promise me

Offline Terran Imperial

• Food!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 10:00:32 PM »
Starfleet Emblem 2170-2210
So, do you remember me
I know you remember me
Promise me