Author Topic: Coronado: Locations, people and other stuff.  (Read 1575 times)

Offline Terran Imperial

• Food!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
Coronado: Locations, people and other stuff.
« on: May 21, 2017, 10:07:53 AM »
The Year Is 2187
The Ship is the USS Coronado

Okay now that i'm done being extra, this topic is basically going to feature exactly what it says from a story that i'm writing.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 12:52:48 PM by Terran Imperial »
i want to put my fist through this whole lousy beautiful town

Offline Terran Imperial

• Food!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
Re: Coronado: Locations, people and other stuff.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 10:10:39 AM »
Federation map circa 2185

still have yet to put major locations. The map is based off the one from stellar cartography

Offline Terran Imperial

• Food!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 10:16:33 AM »
The planet Barkol, with the Hundburg in view

Diameter: 15,608 km
Class: M
Population: 25 billion
Native species: Begalan

Barkol or Rekol was one of the first planets to join the Federation after its founding in 2161. Barkol was the capital world of the Rekol Republic. It orbited the star Seres (Mu Arae) mere light years away from the Romulan Neutral zone. Barkol was the fifth planet in it's system. Barkol was orbited by 5 moons, which were typically referred to by the names of ancient harfaj gods.

The planet was colonized and seeded by the Ancient Humanoids long ago. The Ancient Humanoids called the planet Leret and built a large trading colony, which has long since been erased from the surface of the planet. Traces of the ancient technology still exised by the time Barkol reached warp capability in 1865 CE; The Begalans had reverse engineered unearthed warp technology.

The planet was sent into an ice age 600 thousand years ago by a massive volcanic eruption. Around this time Begalan civilization was beginning to develop on the Harfaj continent. They were centered around the massive obelisks left by the Preservers. In the year 4000 BC the Begalans had already dispersed from Harfaj after a prolonged drought. They were grouped into 10 different tribes, each led by an Envoy (someone who made contact with the core of an obelesik). In 1000 BC nomadic groups from the Gonjo continent to the north, left to escape persecution from Feng Hua Empire. They travelled across the Nua Ocean settling on various islands and being pushed out before reaching the Cedrat and Berdean continents. At the same time the Vitarian Republic was forming just north of Harfaj. Vitarians had developed after the fall of the city states. The Vitarians colonised the Berdean continent to the west in 500 BC. The Coldians colonised the Cerdat Continent in 400 BC engaging in conflict with the previous settlers. In 300 CE Begalan civilization had developed past steam technology. At that time the construction on The Hundburg had began. In 360 CE, a group of rogue vulcans known as the Debrune invaded Barkol, destroying the major governments on Barkol. A group of intrepid resistance members excavated weaponry from the Rehaja desert and drove the Debrune off in 400 CE.

In 500 CE The planet entered an era of nuclear technology. The planet was still in chaos after the invasion. The Hundburg had been finished, but was completely blocked off from the rest of the world by a wall. Outside the Hundburg, people struggled to rebuild as they staved of Romulans and pirates. Eventually a man known as the Uniter helped bring order and founded the Republic. The Rekol Republic eventually came into conflict with the Romulan Empire in the 2160's where the government trained a certain subset of people to develop their empathic nature into true telepathy and become spies. The Rekol Republic joined the Federation in 2165.

Barkol's capital and largest city was The Hundburg, massive megapolis located on the Cedrat continent. The second largest city, Jen-Wa City, was located in the I'nua archipelago. Barkol's shipyards were located in the Rehaja desert. The Berdea continent located south of Cedrat, was the location of many ancient cultural centers. There was no natural ice sheets or glaciers on Barkol, and snow was almost unheard of, except in the mountains. The language used in Barkol politics was Kalian. Five other languages were spoken by the population, however Kalian was spoken by all.

map:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 12:53:00 PM by Terran Imperial »

Offline Terran Imperial

• Food!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 06:39:20 PM »

Name:Jaren Mesen Ko-Ree
Species: Begalan
Homeworld: Barkol
Born:2140
Affiliation: Federation, Starfleet, Rekol Republic, Rekol Space Navy
Previous Assignment: CO, USS Repulse
Assignment: CO, USS Coronado
Bio: The enigmatic captian of the Coronado.

Jaren Ko-Ree (Pronounced as in Korea) was born as one of three triplets to Verity and Hekon Ko-Ree in 2140 on the archipelago of I'nua, in a suburb of Jen-Wa City. As a Begalan, Ko-Ree was a natural empath. In 2146 he moved to Hanjo City, a easy going island town some 280 kilometers from Jen-Wa. 

Ko-Ree would serve in the Space Navy of the Rekol Republic, during their war with the Romulan Star Empire in the 2150s. During his time in service, Ko-Ree became one of the few people who had seen Romulans in the flesh (however his descriptions were brushed off as crazy talk; he was secretly commited to a ward from 2160 to 2162 where the information was repressed). In 2159 in one of the outer sytems of Rekol, the RNV Dyn-Var was captured by Romulan telepresence and rammed into the Kendall, virtually obliterating both ships. Ko-Ree was one of ten survivors of the Kendall, and has since harbored a deep hatred for Romulans (although he says otherwise).

After his country joined the Federation in 2165, Ko-Ree and a large portion of the Rekol Space navy were folded into Federation Starfleet. In 2179, then Commander Ko-Ree was promoted to captain of the Columbia class USS Repulse. Under his command, the Repulse made first contact with dozens of new species. In 2187, Jaren Ko-Ree was chosen to captain the Rockwell class USS Coronado (NCC-0210), a decision met with much protest by a few members of Starfleet Command, mostly from the unofficial group known as the Defense delegation.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 07:42:36 PM by Terran Imperial »

Offline Terran Imperial

• Food!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 08:40:34 PM »

Offline Terran Imperial

• Food!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 07:36:51 PM »
An insectoid species native to the desert world of Kaferia in the Tau Ceti system. The Dugarans where one of three sentient species native to the planet, including the Kunza and the Polez. They used a senary counting system unlike the duodecimal sytem used by the Kunza and the Pelez. In past eras they lived mostly underground networks of cities, but have been moving towards the surface ever since Kaferia abolished the caste based system of segregation.

Dugarans had a tough exoskeleton. They had four arms with three fingers on each hand. Dugarans had triple jointed legs.

will add color and more detail eventually.

Offline Terran Imperial

• Food!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2017, 09:01:59 PM »
Kaferia
Diameter: 14,560 km
Terrain: desert
Population: 6 billion
Native species: Dugara, Pelez, Kunza

The planet Kaferia was a planet located in the Tau Ceti system. It was a relatively arid world, although not without it's lush areas. Several expanses of sand desert, known locally as the Sand Mains isolate the different regions of the world. These vast expanses of sand were traversed by some using various forms of transportation, including sand sailers and drill ships. In the past the sand mains where places of lawlessness. The tribal Ribuo culture of the reptillian Kunza traditionally held the most authority of this area.

In addition a large expanse of ocean often roughly translated as the Pelagic belt stretches across the planet. These waters are poisonous to the Pelez and Kunza species, because of the unique chemical composition. Freshwater has historically been a rarity, existing only in the northern ices and in underground basins. The Pelez built their cities near these underground lakes . The underground lakes were inter connected by hundreds of flooded tunnels, and were categorized by their depth below ground. Many Wars were fought over the lakes in the southern hemisphere, especially between the insectoid Dugarans and the humanoid Pelez. The tunnel dwelling Dugarans had no use for the lakes, viewing them more as protected realms being invaded by pests.

The northern Ice cap was a frozen wasteland inhabited by a different subgroup of the pelez. This culture developed much differently from the rest of the planet. Instead of developing and following rain worshipping religions, this culture known as the Lison, had a more technologically advanced standing and a democratic society. Some Lison migrated south to the Grinzhal region, mingling with the native Pelezians and building a large nation centered around the City of Debarron. The Geren Union, as it was called would be at odds with the neighboring Zehaldi Empire, entering into a arms and eventually a space race.

Giant thunderstorms sometimes ravaged the surface, rarely bringing rain and often causing brush fires

Sifarr Foothills: The badlands region to the far west of Debar plateau in the Grinzhal region on the planet Kaferia. It was reachable by several train routes through the many canyons and crevasses of the area.

Sand mains:

« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 07:42:49 PM by Terran Imperial »

Offline Bernd

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Lord of the Bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2017, 10:50:44 AM »
Great work! We don't see planet maps too often, and your work is very realistic.

Offline Terran Imperial

• Food!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2017, 02:36:48 PM »
Great work! We don't see planet maps too often, and your work is very realistic.
Thanks !

Here is a list of Starship classes and their registries up until 2210 give or take. I've tailored it for my own purposes. The Production scheme for star fleet by 2205. The Einstein, Biddeford and Elcano classes are names given to classes seen in the kelvin Timeline (Kelvin, Newton, and Mayflower respectively). Subclasses are counted as seperate classes here as well (Rockwell/ Collins, Harcourt/ Edgedancer, NX/ Columbia). I'm assumed that other member worlds would be contructing their own vessels as part of Starfleet (The existence of the Vulcan Expiditionary Group may or may not disprove this)

Offline Terran Imperial

• Food!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 10:00:32 PM »
Starfleet Emblem 2170-2220
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 10:33:25 AM by Terran Imperial »

Offline Terran Imperial

• Food!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2017, 10:59:51 AM »

Federation Emblem and flag
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 12:54:42 PM by Terran Imperial »

Offline Terran Imperial

• Food!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2017, 10:11:24 PM »

Andoria surface map and a render done in planet maker.net
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 03:28:25 PM by Terran Imperial »

Offline Terran Imperial

• Food!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2017, 08:57:59 PM »

Symbol of the Romulan Empire

Offline Terran Imperial

• Food!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2018, 11:03:19 AM »

The symbol of the Galactic Federation, an ancient galaxy spanning state that ended in 800 thousand years ago. The words Galactic Federation are written in the abugida script known as Quesian.

The Galactic Federation was founded approximately 70 million years ago by a race descended from the Ancient Humanoids. It is known to have territory in several galaxies in the Virgo Supercluster. The core worlds were a group of urbanized planets in the Alpha and Beta quadrants and included the capital of Ki-Shan, which was relatively close to UFP space in the 22nd century. Later in it's existence, the Galactic Federation shared a border with various humanoid civilizations that had resulted from seeding efforts from before the nation was founded. Many seeded worlds also joined the Federation as well. Some notable neighbors included the T'Kon Empire and Iconians.

The Federation had a democratic form of government. The main legistlative body was formed from a group of thousands of Regents and was called the Galactic Congress. After Ki-Shan was orbitally bombarded the remaining regents organized an exodus to the Federation colonies in other galaxies, where they rebuilt their civilization.

The technological level of the Galactic Federation was of never before seen. They developed a way of travel using a subspace domain known as the Mycellial network, although this was a closely guarded secret. They were also responsible for the construction a highway system of transwarp conduits, which continued to exist until the late 24th century. Nanotechnology was also prevalent allowing many people to augment their senses and biology. Nanotechnology had many purposes including allowing instant access to any type of information one desired, and allowing various forms of technology and machinery to be controlled with the mind. For most of it's existence the Galactic Federation government considered various technologies such as artificial intelligence and "collective consciousness" to be highly unethical and illegal. Organic computing was not allowed until 5 million years ago.

The Federation eventually fell in the Milky way as a result of a devastating war with an unknown enemy only referred to as They in ancient texts. The most notable acheivment of the Federation was the creation of the Intergalactic Ecological Preservation Commission, or preservers for short, which built hundreds of duplicate worlds and failsafes to preserve the biological diversity of the galaxy. The Intergalactic Ecological Preservation Commission continued to exist long after the Galactic Federation fell.

Offline Terran Imperial

• Food!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2018, 11:11:03 AM »
updated map: still unfinished

10 pixels still equals a light year
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 12:29:28 PM by Terran Imperial »

Offline Terran Imperial

• Food!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2018, 09:44:09 PM »

The Independent Colonial Alliance was a collective organization of various colonies and starbases on the northern edge of Federation space. The ICA contained 80 members and had a very loose governing structure. Each member had it's own laws and government. They all held a common distaste for the inflated and apparently militaristic government of the Federation. While the members of the alliance were confined to a narrow column of space 500 light years deep, There was ICA presence in almost every system north of UFP territory for over 30 light years. The capital of the Alliance was the heavily armed starbase Blackstreak.

The Federation was founded by a group of settlers who left their homes when the Federation was founded. The ICA was officially founded in the year 2165. The ICA is known to have sponsored a massive cloning project to dramatically increase their population in the year 2168. In 2172 the Romulan empire attempted to invade the alliance, but to no avail. The ICA had surrounded the the Imperial capital in less than weeks. The Alliance declared war against the Federation on September 4th, 2188. In the 24th century, The organization known as the Maquis famously adopted a variant of the Alliance flag.

The Alliance was defended by a the Colonial Defense force, a formidable although divided military organization that had a fleet formed from purpose built alliance vessels, stolen starfleet ships, and a rag tag assortment of freighters and transports. The Colonial Defense force had no centralized leadership but was instead composed of independent ships and small fleets. Some of the Earth's greatest heroes during the Romulan war defected to the Alliance including Captain Reese Jennings of the USS Republic. Other former starfleet officers who defected included Kaleb Garrick, The First officer of the Repulse in the year 2185. Despite it's at many times agressive foreign policy, The Alliance maintains a strict non interference policy with smaller nations and states and has mutual free trade agreements with at least 120 systems.

The Alliance was governed by the Colonial Congress, a weak legislative body overseen by an almost powerless president.

Offline Terran Imperial

• Food!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2018, 07:40:40 PM »

Diameter: 12,580 km
Rotation period: 28 hours
Revolution: 458 days
Satellites: 1

Population: 25 billion
Affiliation: Garsi Alliance
Major cities: Garesh City

The planet Garesh is the 3rd planet orbiting the star Lambda Hydra B in the Beta Quadrant. At the crossroads of the Federation, the Klingon Empire and the Romulan star empire, this world was has developed a powerful system ground based anti spacecraft cannons. Garesh was the homeworld of the Yessinians but over time the trading center has become a home for people from all over the alpha and beta quadrants. Garesh is a cold world covered with a planetwide desert punctuated by several large seas. Garesh was also heavily urbanized with many spaceports and landing bays, all interconnected by an extensive subway system.

Garesh was the center of the Garsi alliance, a group of systems and worlds that banded together for mutual protection in the year 2018. The planet had been considered a backwater world for some time, but soon became prime candidate for the capital city to be built.

Offline Terran Imperial

• Food!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2018, 08:20:45 PM »

Diameter: 160,089 km
class: J
Felcine VIII (Allerton) was the eighth planet in the Alpha Volantis (Felcine) star system system in the Beta Quadrant.  The planet was a gas giant orbited by several large moons. Allerton B, the first moon was covered in a massive forest hundreds of meters deep. Allerton-C was a mining colony with a harsh desert climate. The moon of Allerton D was home to the colony of New Switzerland. The planet and its moons were under the jurisdiction of the Felcinar Commonwealth, an associate member of the Federation .
Rendered in planet maker.

Allerton B (low) orbit

Allerton D surface

Offline Terran Imperial

• Food!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2018, 10:27:03 PM »

Diameter: 11,560 km
Rotation period: 22 hours
Revolution: 500 days
Satellites: 3

Population: 2 billion
Affiliation: United Federation of Planets,
Government: Melar planetary council
Major cities: Krunal (capital)

Melar is the second planet in The alpha quadrant system of 47 Ursae Majoris. Although located in the region of space known as the Federation Core worlds, Melar was not a full member. The planet was sparsely populated by the Benyte people, who live in lowly concentrations (the only major city above a million was the capital). As a result some people such as Starfleet Captain Emil Durant were given the impression of "everybody knows each other here.". Despite living far apart from each other the benytians had a strong sense of community. This was in part do to the dangerous man eating monsters who prowled the swamps and plains of the planet. Travel was conducted in hovercraft, although travel on large wading camelid like creatures was still common.