Author Topic: Worst TV show(s) or movies you have ever seen  (Read 269 times)

Offline Terran Imperial

• Food!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
Worst TV show(s) or movies you have ever seen
« on: July 27, 2017, 10:19:10 PM »
What are the worst movies or shows you have ever seen?

I'll start
 metal hurlant chronicles (s2e3 the loyal khondor)
-an 'edgy' tale with a hilariously vampiric ending.
i want to put my fist through this whole lousy beautiful town

Online Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
Re: Worst TV show(s) or movies you have ever seen
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 01:06:43 AM »
Hmm...  I'm not sure I'd call these the 'worst,' I will say I wasn't impressed.

TV:

Sci-fi:

NuBSG: I was not impressed after the first season with all of the backstabbing. There are all of 50,000 people now, bickering like that will only get you dead.

Falling Skies: I gave it a shot when Space took it up. I thought the pacing was just way too slow.

Horror:

Supernatural: Similarly to Falling Skies, I gave this a shot when Space started airing it. One guy being killed with a table saw later I was done.

Movies:

A Sound of Thunder (2005): (sigh) The people behind this ... thing ... Just didn't get anything about the original story. Not the message and certainly not the concept of time travel.
Open your mind to new possibilities
-Trip(sort of), The Crossing

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
  • Stuck in the middle of nowhere...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 10:57:41 AM »
Falling Skies: I gave it a shot when Space took it up. I thought the pacing was just way too slow.

You didn't miss much.  Falling Skies had potential but it was just wasted on all this teenage angst crap.  Granted I started watching in Season 2, so I can't speak for Season 1's issues.  There were some good moments, but the show had too many flaws.  Teen angst crap, magic half-alien daughter*, the reveal for the reason behind the alien invasion, everybody had perfect hair forever, constantly changing creative leads, Tom Mason's "Find your warrior" speech in the final season**...
*So her powers had to do with gravity, and she could deconstruct things on a sub-atomic level by reversing gravitational attraction.  Um, I'm no physicist, but I'm pretty sure at the sub-atomic level gravity doesn't mean shit.  Also she lost her powers when they went to space because there was "less gravity".
**The speech itself wasn't so bad I guess, more the timing of it.  In the final season after years of fighting the aliens, you'd think everyone would have "found their warrior" by now...

Anywho... On to my list.... TV Shows, Movies
-Under the Dome.  It was okay at first, but took a massive noise dive in quality during Season 2.  Each episode was worst than the last, and honestly the only reason I kept watching was just to see how bad it would get and make fun of it.  Didn't watch the last season, but from what I read, it was pretty crappy too.
-The Cape.
-The Event.
-Lake Placid II.  I think, one of the Lake Placid sequels anyway.  I liked the first Lake Placid, it was more of a dark comedy than a typical giant animal monster movie.  Unfortunately all the sequels are giant croc crap movies.
-Manticore. One of those awful Syfy movies.  Its about a US military unit in Iraq that has to fight a manticore.  Such clever naming...  I [sarcasm]loved[/sarcasm] that the US troops were driving around in a Russian APC.  Honestly, I think the only reason I watched it was cause the actor who played Chakotay and the actress who played Leeta were in it.
-Some godawful Syfy movie about a giant snake, don't remember the name or much of the plot but I watched it because the actor who played Dr. Daniel Jackson on SG-1 was in it.
-Basilisk.  Another awful Syfy movie named after the mythological monster it features.  The only upside to this movie was a scene where the basilisk slithers past a group of nerds playing D&D and they argue over what it was.
-Cerberus.  I'll give you one guess as to what this was about.  Or at least what it was advertised to be about.  Really it was about people trying to keep some North Korean general from getting a magic sword wielded by Attila the Hun.  Cerberus only shows up in the last 30 minutes or so of the movie.
“Battle is not a simulation. It’s blood and screams and funerals.” – Capt. Georgiou – Star Trek: Discovery – “The Vulcan Hello”

Offline Terran Imperial

• Food!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 12:09:09 AM »
Can't believe I forgot about iron fist on netflix. Talk about hella boring. Dialogue was terrible, and I would say the acting was terrible, if you could call it acting in the first place. They spend like forever with Danny Rand (aka dirty hobo, aka its a name it means something) in a psych ward getting drugged. God, he is like the worst character. Honestly he can't even fight and he's supposed to be iron fist. And he's so arrogant like you got no skills boy. Who the hell are you kidding. The rest of the cast is so forgettable except for Colene, and she's a better fighter than Iron Fist. The camera work is unimaginative and at times just plain awful (they at one point cut a fight scene some 56 times to cover up the bad choreography). All of the main characters, bar Colene , seem to have bizarre alien motivations and for the most part are extremely petty. Something is very wrong if tertiary characters have more depth than the focus of your show.

On to the 'plot' now which is about as memorable as an office plant. Where do I even begin. It feels like each episode is an eternity long. They accomplish very little in the hour long run time of each episode, filled with pointless and bland corporate drama(?). They spend most of the time with "i'm Danny rand" and stereotypical corporate scheming on the part of the villains (Rand enterprises is pretty vague too. We don't what they do, they're just a 'company').

Anyhow, I could go on for months going over this, but to summarize , Iron Fist is an anti show filled with  cringe and unwatchable scenes, with a cool intro. Its not even like a funny kind of bad. Don't watch it unless you feel you have to.
i want to put my fist through this whole lousy beautiful town