Author Topic: The World Of Firestorm: places, organizations, states, and stuff  (Read 303 times)

Offline Terran Imperial

• Food!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
The World Of Firestorm: places, organizations, states, and stuff
« on: September 05, 2017, 04:40:41 PM »
Firestorm is the name of a novel I am writing (I releasing the first for or five chapters of the manuscript in the near future) This topic will contain information on that universe about places, nations, regions and other stuff.

A map of civilized space (galaxy map from NASA):

So, do you remember me
In those moments just before you sleep?
I know you remember me
Swear to me the memory isn't seen
Promise me
That it doesn't make your heart beat
Doesn't make your heart beat

Offline Terran Imperial

• Food!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
Re: The World Of Firestorm: places, organizations, states, and stuff
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 05:29:28 PM »
the Terran Emipre was one of the two major superstates in the Galaxy by the year 1328 RC (3428 CE). The empire was ruled from the crown world of Parliament by a monarch elected by the high Terran Nobility. The Terran Empire was formed during the decline of the First Republic in 1024 RC. The Terran Empire existed as a small state for more than a hundred years. In the 1250s, the Empire expanded it's territory tenfold under the King Henry Maldine. Under his reign, which lasted a total of 27 years before his death in 1277, There was a massive increase in Military spending and colonial aquisition. One of the most important developments was gaining of a foothold into the Mist rich Cielonium region.  In 1289 the Republic had just finished it's war with the Ondol Hegemony, which was centered on the Micanis Expanse of the Cielonium. The shattered region was free for the taking, without the intervention of the War drained Republic.

The everyday affairs of the empire were handled by the lesser nobility, which comprised the lower house on Parliament. Each of the 25 thousand provinces were governed by a marquis from the lower nobility. The provinces were grouped into larger regions known as Realms. There are 80 realms, each controlled by a royally appointed vizier from the 10 high noble familys. The realms were further grouped into 8 territories, which had little administrative value except for census reasons.
So, do you remember me
I know you remember me
Promise me

Offline Terran Imperial

• Food!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 10:34:32 AM »

Diameter: 12,742 km
Satellites: 1
System: Sol
Terrain: urban
Population: 10.2 trillion

Terra Prime, the crown jewel of the Terran Empire. It was known as parliament colloquially by residents of the Empire, and Terra by outsiders. The entire planet was covered in the massive Royal City.
So, do you remember me
I know you remember me
Promise me

Offline Terran Imperial

• Food!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 06:53:19 PM »

The Aceran expanse was a section of the Sagittarius Arm, located above the Plane of space occupied by the Republic and the Empire. The Aceran Expanse (labeled in purple) is interconnected by a series of branches of the Cielonium (a region of space where there is breathable atmosphere). The scale of this map is 1 pixel= 10 lightyears. The expanse is dominated by the United Federation of Acero and the Belan Kingdom. several smaller states such as Bedos and Kardun exist between the two main states.
So, do you remember me
I know you remember me
Promise me

Offline Terran Imperial

• Food!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 07:30:58 PM »
The main state of the Aceran Expanse is the United Federation of Acero. The Federation is an federal republic spanning over 200 thousand cubic lightyears of space. The Federation was founded in the year 1491 RC. The Federation experienced a surge of imperialism beginning in 1533 RC (1818 Aceran Calender) that ended thirty years later. The Federation consists of 47 states and the capital region as of 1630 RC (1915 AC). The capital city of the Federation is a massive nameless city on the planet Selara. Selara was surrounded by 25 artificial space port rings, and a final natural (and rural) ring known as Zaragoza. In the newest state to join, Erdol, the eponymous captial planet is a gas giant 200 thousand kilometers in diameter, with dozens of floating continents. Other places of interest include the planet Joumon in the state of Farkon. Membership in the Federation is strictly dependent on the existence of a democratic (theoretically) government. The United Federation of Acero maintains good relations with other nations because if it's officially neutral status. The local currency is known as the Laron. The most spoken language is Selaran English. The federation derives its name from the prominent steel and metal industry.

The federal government headed by the Lord Chancellor, a bicameral Congress, and the high court. Each state is headed by an Earl Governor and a state legislature. Sub state divisions are led by Barons. Despite there being a near religious view of Aceran democracy, it is almost immediately noticeable by any foreigner the contradictory nature of the existence of titles used in Peerage.

The flag of Acero, derived from the emblem of the United Earth Colonial Company found on the first ships to crashland on Selara in 1815 CE (0 AC)
So, do you remember me
I know you remember me
Promise me

Offline Terran Imperial

• Food!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 07:29:15 AM »
Selara is a terrestrial world and the capital of the United Federation of Acero, with 26 rings orbiting the planet. All but the last ring, Zargoza, are urbanized. The City covers a large portion of the northern continent, measuring around 5000 kilometers in diameter. There are three continents and thousands of small islands.

Selara was the second planet in the Iviom system and was orbited by two moons, Redblum and Silverface. The planet was 13,568 km in diameter and had a revolution 365 days long.

Selara was colonized by the crash survivors of the UECC Serenity, Lake Superior, and the Caldera in 1815 CE (year 0 of the Selaran Calender). Eventually the survivors named the world Selara.
A graphic of the planet:

Flag:

-the City-
The City is the name of the giant metropolis on Selara, spanning of five thousand kilometers in diameter. It had a population of around 750 billion by the year 1635 RC. The City functioned as the capital of the Interstellar state known as the United Federation of Acero and as the capital of the Selaran Union before that. The City shortly after the arrival of the first settlers, eventually growing to cover a good part of the planet's largest continent.

A subway map detailing the rough location of the trunk lines of the Capital Railway System. The CRS is the main rapid transit service serving the City and extending to other areas of the Northern continent and the rest of Selara. The CRS is divided into ten main letter divisions and had a total of 10000 services numbered 0 to 9999. A mythical 10000 line exists in urban legend but has not been found. The CRS serves anywhere from 3 to 4 hundred billion people a day. Its maintenance was funded by tax money and grants from wealthy people, and was as such freely accessible by all citizens. However a lot of money is funneled into the pockets of corrupt politicians. As such many services have not been repaired in as much as 80 years. The CRS is operated by the Selaran Transportation Authority.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 07:34:18 AM by Terran Imperial »
So, do you remember me
I know you remember me
Promise me