Author Topic: Ancient Colony Ship  (Read 167 times)

Offline Terran Imperial

• Food!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
Ancient Colony Ship
« on: December 20, 2017, 05:41:40 PM »

The Intendant class Colonial Exploration cruisers were created by the ancient humanoid race over 500 thousand years ago, presumably as part of an intergalactic exodus. These massive colony ships were 20 kilometers long. the class contained 6 urban superstructures for housing the millions of inhabitants. The command center was located in a spherical chamber around 1.2 kilometers in diameter The class was the product of a combination of genetic engineering and traditional starship construction methods. The organic components were sustained with a special type of liquid known as Faldran plasma, which could be created from the liquefaction of organic matter. The class contained a minimal armament for it's era, however in the 22nd century it was capable of taking out a fleet of Romulan Birds of Prey with some difficulty and was capable of destroying a Yorktown class heavy cruiser with little effort. In addition to a standard warp drive, these colony ships were equipped with mycellial network drive, that allowed them to access a hidden domain of subspace for instantaneous travel. With the disappearance of the Ancient Humanoid race, some of these ships were left behind and developed sentience.

One of these ships known as the Custodian, which had gone insane and devastated the Romulan Star Empire in 2184, sending Romulan technology back over a hundred years. It attempted to bring the Federation down but changed it's mind and decided to join minds with Heron Ko-Ree. Before the intelligence departed the ship, it activated the self destruction sequence. Various parts of the Custodian flew through the Mycellial network and scattered across the Alpha and Beta quadrants. The energy cavitaion spire landed somewhere in the Federation. The fungus growing there would be discovered to have special properties in the 2250's decade.

i want to put my fist through this whole lousy beautiful town

Offline Atolm

• CMP 200 Winner
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ancient Colony Ship
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 05:31:46 PM »
now you're talking, I like me some real sci-fi stuff :)
All Things End...

Offline Terran Imperial

• Food!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
Re: Ancient Colony Ship
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 11:56:42 PM »
Thanks!

A preview of an early model. There is still a lot of refining to go.

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/6878312e-c43e-42ab-b934-da9b2dfda276/Custodian
i want to put my fist through this whole lousy beautiful town