Author Topic: Official Stargate Upcoming news thread  (Read 138802 times)

Javert

Re: Official Stargate Upcoming news thread
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2006, 11:05:26 AM »
Does any one know of any Star Gate fan or other wiseÖ sites???

Iíve done some Google searches but havenít had much luck; Iíve found a few things but not much.

Gate World

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
  • Let the big man do his job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2006, 01:37:18 PM »
Other then gateworld.net?
"Well Steve, I think it's more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it." - Bill Gate's response to Steve Jobs' accusation of theft.

Javert

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2006, 02:09:01 PM »
My post is missing!

Does any one know of any Star Gate fan or other wiseÖ sites???

Iíve done some Google searches but havenít had much luck; Iíve found a few things but not much.

Gate World
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 02:10:38 PM by Timothy C. »

Offline evilsmileyface12

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2006, 03:23:11 PM »
ya.. but thanks anyways...
ESF-12

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2006, 05:04:44 AM »
For the Canadians:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/10/canadas_space_to_air_new_isg-1i_.shtml

Did anyone Catch this? I missed it, was it any good?
"Well Steve, I think it's more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it." - Bill Gate's response to Steve Jobs' accusation of theft.

Offline evilsmileyface12

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2006, 12:00:33 PM »
Ya Flesh and Blood was on.... it was ok, not a whole lot happend though... I'd say but I don't know what to do the spoiler thingy here...
ESF-12

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2006, 12:33:39 AM »
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/11/tapping_gates_to_iatlantisi_for_.shtml

Tapping gates to Atlantis for Season Four

Tuesday - November 21, 2006 | by Darren Sumner

"Samantha Carter" actress Amanda Tapping will appear in the fourth season of Stargate Atlantis in some capacity, she told fans this weekend at the AT2 event in England.

Tapping signed on for two additional years of Stargate SG-1 last year, anticipating an eleventh season of the show in 2007. SCI FI instead cancelled the series, but the studio plans to keep Tapping around to complete her current contract.

"I am contractually obligated to the franchise for a year. I knew at the beginning of Season Ten that it was a possibility that if SG-1 went down that I might be doing some Atlantis," Tapping told GateWorld in an interview. "They exercised that option, which is fine.

"I think that this is a potential for a bit of fun. More than Carter and McKay. I think that this is a potential for a lot of fun."

No details about the move are known yet, including how many episodes Tapping will appear in and whether she will have the status of a recurring guest star or a regular cast member. Rumors of cast changes are in the winds following the August cancellation of Stargate SG-1, but still not confirmed.

The actress also announced that she is producing and starring in a new science fiction project, currently seeking funding.

Stay tuned to GateWorld for a brand new interview with Amanda Tapping in the weeks to come! New episodes of Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis return to SCI FI in March. Season Four of Atlantis is expected to go into production in February and premiere this summer.

And the commander of the Apollo has been cast:
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/11/iatlantisi_cast_member_to_depart.shtml

Michael Beach cast in Stargate Atlantis

Monday - November 27, 2006 | by Darren Sumner

Actor Michael Beach has been cast as Colonel Abe Ellis in the upcoming season finale of Stargate Atlantis, GateWorld has learned. The role may be recurring, though nothing has yet been confirmed for Season Four, series co-producer Martin Gero told GateWorld.

Perhaps best known as Monte "Doc" Parker in the NBC drama Third Watch, 43-year-old Beach has also appeared in such series as Without a Trace, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, E.R., and N.Y.P.D. Blue. He was born in Roxbury, Massachusetts, and graduated from the distinguished Julliard School.

Abe Ellis is the commander of Earth's newest deep space vessel, the Apollo. In "First Strike," Ellis and the ship arrive from Earth with a plan to attack the Replicators on the Asuran homeworld as a preemptive strike.

With the arrival of the Apollo and its potentially recurring commander, how does this bode for the Daedalus and its commander, Colonel Steven Caldwell (Mitch Pileggi)? "Mitch is very busy on his new ABC show [Day Break], but the Caldwell character is still very much a part of the Atlantis universe," Gero told GateWorld. "We hope that he'll be able to join us for Season Four."

"First Strike" is expected to premiere in June on SCI FI Channel in the U.S. Learn more about the episode in GateWorld's episode guide.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 02:05:22 AM by Xero »

Offline evilsmileyface12

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2006, 01:56:47 AM »
Ah its good the Sam will still be around...

and to let ya know yer spoiling some things in there... not big things, but no worries...
ESF-12

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2006, 02:03:31 AM »
Sorry, I forgot to make the text smaller. Fixed it.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 02:05:35 AM by Xero »

Offline Greg

• Lord of Lava Lamp
  • Eminent Member
  • Old Fart
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2006, 11:56:44 AM »
Sweet, more Sam! Hopefully Michael Shanks will make a few appearences as well, I'd imagine Daniel will still be wanting to spend more time on Atlantis, especially once Midway Station is completed.

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2006, 12:09:15 PM »
I thought the Midway station was already complete.

With Becket becoming a recurring character next season, Tapping may become a regular cast member for atleast one season.

Offline Greg

• Lord of Lava Lamp
  • Eminent Member
  • Old Fart
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2006, 12:11:16 PM »
Not according to 3x11, by the sounds of it, it won't just be for jumper travel, it'll be an actual station rather than just a frame holding the two different stargate networks together.

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2006, 02:49:00 PM »
Or that was the midway station, but at the time it was nothing more then a frame.

Offline Greg

• Lord of Lava Lamp
  • Eminent Member
  • Old Fart
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2006, 04:45:55 PM »
Thats what I meant to say, doh.

Offline Cat-Nadian

• Board Legend
  • There is only Zuul
    • View Profile
    • Cat-Nadian Blog
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2006, 10:57:14 AM »
Minor hijack

To all Canadian SCNers if you have not seen the 200th episode of SG1,tunne in on Space tomorrow night at 9pm EST

Offline evilsmileyface12

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2006, 01:35:24 AM »
ah crap... might miss it. Hey MD tape it for me would ya ?? :D
ESF-12

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2006, 08:22:35 AM »
First of 2 movies will be filmed in April

SG-1 movies start filming April 15

Wednesday - December 20, 2006 | by Livi Dolgin

Everything is set to start filming April 15, 2007 for the first of two new Stargate SG-1 movies, according to Michael Shanks ("Daniel Jackson"). In an interview with IGN.com, Shanks gave up some details on the plots of the movies.

Watch out for spoilers in the story below!

According to Shanks, the cast is all signed up for both movies. Executive producer Robert C. Cooper will both write and direct the first movie. The storyline "has to do with wrapping up the Ori storyline, which is the storyline that has taken prominence for the last two years of the show," Shanks said. "I don't know if [Cooper] is going to wrap it up completely or bring it to some conclusion for the sake of the fans and the franchise, to bring that epic struggle to a close."

The second movie starts shooting June 1. Executive producer Brad Wright will write the second film, with Martin Wood directing. That story is a time travel story taking SG-1 to the past. "[It] has something to do with our main mustache twiddling villain Baal [Cliff Simon] doing something in the past," Shanks said. "He basically finds a way to lift the Stargate from Earth so the Stargate Program never happens, and I imagine the characters will have to go through some process to reset the clock and fix everything."

Shanks also discussed the second half of Season Ten, saying that Daniel has his hands full with an unexpected detour.

"Something happens to Daniel that sends him on a strange journey," he said. "So that was kind of fun to play. You get to see the darker side of Daniel and play with that portion of the latter half of the season ... he comes back and is kind of a villain."

Shanks confirmed that fellow cast member Amanda Tapping ("Samantha Carter") will cross over to Season Four of Stargate Atlantis. Whether Shanks' character will also crossover is undetermined.

"I haven't been spoken to about anything to do with Atlantis, so I guess Daniel will have to wait."

Read the full interview with Michael Shanks now at IGN.com! Shanks also discusses the 2007 "Women of Sci Fi" calendar project. Season Ten returns to SCI FI Channel in the U.S. beginning in April for the final ten episodes of Stargate SG-1.

(Thanks to nate and tsaxlady for the tip)

Offline Simon

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Patria Domus: Hub to my Many Websites
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2006, 04:32:26 PM »
I knew it...the second movie sounds exactly like "Moebius" regurgitated.  Hmm, that could even be the title... ;)

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2006, 05:12:02 PM »
The second movie doesn't start filming until June, so the plot may change.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
  • All things not of this world
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2006, 02:16:09 AM »
I knew it...the second movie sounds exactly like "Moebius" regurgitated.  Hmm, that could even be the title... ;)

I was thinking that myself  :P.  Anyways I was looking more forward to the first movie anyway.  I cant wait to see how they wrap up this Ori thing.
ďThe boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.Ē ― Stephen King, It"
High priest in the Cult of J

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2007, 11:19:25 PM »
Stargate Atlantis schedule on TMN in Canada for 2007:

• Stargate: Atlantis 3B Ep. 01: The Return: Part Two     January 8 - 8:00 pm
  • Stargate: Atlantis 3B Ep. 02: Echoes                          January 15 - 8:00 pm
  • Stargate: Atlantis 3B Ep. 03: Irresponsible                  January 22 - 8:00 pm
  • Stargate: Atlantis 3B Ep. 04: Tao of Rodney                January 29 - 8:00 pm
  • Stargate: Atlantis 3B Ep. 05: The Game                      February 5 - 8:00 pm
  • Stargate: Atlantis 3B Ep. 06: The Ark                          February 12 - 8:00 pm
  • Stargate: Atlantis 3B Ep. 07: Sunday                         February 19 - 8:00 pm
  • Stargate: Atlantis 3B Ep. 08: Submersion                  February 26 - 8:00 pm

Offline Simon

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Patria Domus: Hub to my Many Websites
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2007, 03:27:13 PM »
Is it accurate what I've heard...that the US won't be getting the second half of the season until April?? ???

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2007, 03:41:17 PM »
Canada normally gets the second half a couple months before the US

Offline evilsmileyface12

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2007, 03:49:12 PM »

and for those that don't get that...

season 2 starts on January 21, 2007 on SPACE.
ESF-12

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2007, 04:32:05 PM »

and for those that don't get that...

season 2 starts on January 21, 2007 on SPACE.

I suspected as much. I've seen the commercials, and they never bothered saying anything about which season.
Open your mind to new possibilities
-Trip(sort of), The Crossing