Author Topic: Merry F*ckin' Christmas Everyone!  (Read 52255 times)

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
  • All things not of this world
    • View Profile
Re: Merry F*ckin' Christmas Everyone!
« Reply #150 on: December 25, 2008, 01:51:23 PM »
Merry Christmas everyone and Happy birthday Bond.  Hopefully my nephew wont be cursed with a Christmas birthday as he's due soon.

Mine's been pretty good so far...though rather melancholy as we're missing someone.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 01:53:13 PM by Razor »
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"
High priest in the Cult of J

Offline Bond, James Bond

• Administrator
  • Minor Board Deity
  • Licensed to Ban
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 26, 2008, 12:03:25 AM »
Thanks for the birthday wishes guys (and the get well from Kes - I still feel like crap, but at least the pneumonia is not contagious, so I can hang around with everyone). :)

Sorry that your loss is making Christmas hard for you Razor. Just hang in there and hopefully things will get better for you soon.

I had a a nice day today, and got to see some of the new additions to the extended family (there were babies everywhere, so that was fun, but you have to mind where you're stepping). Not everyone showed up, but we could have around 80+ people at our family gatherings at this point if everyone was there.

Got some good birthday gifts, but ironically the thing that got the most attention was what I got in the gift exchange: A big box of 1950s-era candies from a company called "Hometown Favorites" that you can order off of Amazon, so all the aunts and uncles were reminiscing over that and snaking all my candy. ;D It's pretty neat though (and funny - half the 50s candies are geared towards smoking in some way), and I think I'm going to order one of the 1980s versions of the candy boxes - but later on, I'm kind of burned out on candy at the moment.

http://www.amazon.com/s.html?ie=UTF8&node=3580501&brand=Hometown%20Favorites

I hope you all had a great day today as well. Merry Christmas.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 12:06:03 AM by Bond, James Bond »

Offline MageGrayWolf

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • JKcoder
« Reply #152 on: December 26, 2008, 12:55:24 AM »
Happy Birthday and get well a bit late.

Yeah again know how you feel Razor. When my father went into the hospital last year on Christmas, was the last time he ever got to see home again. He was in the hospital about a week or two before that with a collapsed lung and he had just gotten the IHOP gift card I sent him and was planning to head out with his friend but his lung collapsed again and had to go back in to the hospital.

I tried to keep upbeat this Christmas but even when i was truly having a good time I found the thoughts of what happened lingered in the back of my head.

Also my mom had gone into the ER on Christmas about a month before she passed away as well. That trip to the ER was unrelated to her death but still is a reminder of it

Both my parents died in January only a few days apart from each other, not in the same year though. So I'm not sure how I will be come this January.

Offline Feynraith

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 29, 2008, 07:15:29 PM »
Good luck to you Wolf, and Razor, and basically everyone else.

I had a pretty shit Christmas, apart from other things that happened I only ate one thing all day - a small slice of cheesecake at ten pm.

But still, here's hoping this next year will be better in so many ways.

Offline CX

• Distinguished Member
  • Bully!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 11, 2015, 03:59:02 AM »
You know what's depressing?  That I didn't even have to go to the second page to find this thread to bump it.   :-\

Merry Fuckin' Christmas everyone.  :(
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough." - TR

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
  • Stuck in the middle of nowhere...
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 11, 2015, 07:52:16 PM »
I can't wait for March so I can stop seeing all this Christmas s**t. 
Bah humbug.
“Battle is not a simulation. It’s blood and screams and funerals.” – Capt. Georgiou – Star Trek: Discovery – “The Vulcan Hello”

Offline Makaveli

• Administrator
  • Board Legend
  • N.I.G.G.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 11, 2015, 11:47:06 PM »
I can't wait for March so I can stop seeing all this Christmas s**t. 
Bah humbug.

And I'm gonna have to drop the ban hammer on you now. lol
N.I.G.G.A. - Never Ignorant Gettin' Goals Acomplished
"If a man hasn't discovered something he will die for, he isn't fit to live." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
CIDvision :: the breen war :: trekonline

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
  • Let the big man do his job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 12, 2015, 10:47:49 AM »
Does this mean we can start this war on Christmas? I've been waiting years.
"Well Steve, I think it's more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it." - Bill Gate's response to Steve Jobs' accusation of theft.

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
  • Stuck in the middle of nowhere...
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 14, 2015, 08:22:26 PM »
[bad attempt at a Russian accent]Yes, my comrades! Now is the time for the revolution! We shall overthrow Santa and Halloween and Thanksgiving will be their own holidays once again![/bad attempt at a Russian accent\]
“Battle is not a simulation. It’s blood and screams and funerals.” – Capt. Georgiou – Star Trek: Discovery – “The Vulcan Hello”

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
  • Let the big man do his job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 25, 2015, 05:30:10 PM »
Everyone get a good haul?

I got some books: Halo: Broken Circle, Halo: Silentium, The Martian, and A Christmas Carol.

Batman: Arkham Knight. A shit ton of Reese's Pieces, and a new Play & Charge kit for my Xbox.

Plus a $50 pre-paid credit card, and a $25 Gift Card from EB.

"Well Steve, I think it's more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it." - Bill Gate's response to Steve Jobs' accusation of theft.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
  • All things not of this world
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 26, 2015, 03:20:12 AM »
A Captain Picard Funko figure, Army of Darkness SE blu-ray Plus a bunch of amazon gift cards which i used to order the Dc Direct batmobile.
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"
High priest in the Cult of J

Online Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 28, 2015, 02:44:20 PM »
So far, a Peanuts book, all of the strips from the 1980's. A Star Wars shirt, a blow up of the old style X-Wing. A couple of Walmart gift cards and the usual edibles.
Open your mind to new possibilities
-Trip(sort of), The Crossing

Online Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 01, 2016, 03:52:33 AM »
Don't know why I forgot to post this, but Wednesday I got some more stuff. Another one of those Doctor Who kits you find in book stores from time to time, a Weeping Angel this time around. Plus as a kinda joke, a 6 pack of mini Coke cans.
Open your mind to new possibilities
-Trip(sort of), The Crossing