Author Topic: December 7th, 1941  (Read 9966 times)

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
  • All things not of this world
    • View Profile
Re: December 7th, 1941
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2008, 06:58:12 AM »
Seeing an Iowa Class in person is quite remarkable as well. You just can't help but being in awe of the thing. I wish I had my camera when I visited the USS Wisconsin. Theres a sidewalk that runs not even 15 feet from the bow of the ship that would have been a great place to get a picture of the ship.

Indeed, Ive been meaning to visit the New Jersy since they moored it over in Camden.
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"
High priest in the Cult of J

Offline Hobbes

• Veteran Member
  • Cinnamon! No!
    • View Profile
    • Federation Starship Datalink
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2011, 09:17:27 PM »

Today marks the 70th anniversary of the Pearl Harbor attack.
"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Federation Starship Datalink

Offline Flagg

• Board Legend
  • Gotham's Reckoning
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2011, 10:11:01 PM »
We're still butthurt over the stunning and brilliant Japanese victory over Pearl harbor.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
  • All things not of this world
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2011, 09:28:28 PM »
^^^Because they were a bunch of dirty yellow nips at least the Nazi's were civilized white people.  Sometimes I think you're too liberal Flagg ;)
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"
High priest in the Cult of J

Offline Jedigreedo

• Veteran Member
  • Red Shirt Says Aaggghh
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2011, 06:48:53 PM »
Bah, I'm confident that it's safe to say those American sailors did more scoring all over that harbor than the Japanese even came close to.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we woke up!"