Author Topic: Transformers: The Movie Discussion Thread  (Read 226308 times)

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers: The Movie Discussion Thread
« Reply #1275 on: July 03, 2011, 09:06:20 PM »
- Actors from Firefly getting work!

After a while I started to think 'scene stealer!' but in a good way. ;D
Open your mind to new possibilities
-Trip(sort of), The Crossing

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
  • All things not of this world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: July 16, 2011, 01:16:24 AM »
Finally saw it today...my thoughts.

GOOD
-The bit with the human collaborators (a nice nod to 2 episodes from the original cartoon.
-Alan Tyduk yes!!!
-Buzz Aldrin double yes
-The stuff about NASA
-Shockwave!
-Cool end battle
-The stakes seemed higher.

BAD
-BILL FUCKING OREILLY CAMEO!!!!!!!!!!!
-Not as much screentime for the autobots and decepticons as I would have liked.
-Enough with the military wanking you didnt even introduce any new decepticons that have military vehicle alt modes.
-Im sorry but I liked Mikeala better...seriously if there's one actor I would have done without it was Shia LeBe....the beef kid.

I give it 3 out of 5 stars not bad I think the novelty of seeing the TFs on screen has worn off. 
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 01:18:16 AM by Razor »
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"
High priest in the Cult of J

Offline Broken Subspace Scene

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: July 16, 2011, 04:18:10 PM »
You know, I actually found the military wanking much less irritating this time, because no one got killed by a stupid rail gun or any of that bullshit, and a lot of the conventional forces were understandably decimated.  And wingsuits are gimmicky but awesomesauce.

I don't understand why the beef kid is as famous as he is, and why he gets more screen time than everyone else in a film ostensibly about "Transformers".  When he tries to do 'funny neurotic guy', like in this film, he just comes off as the biggest douche that ever douched. 

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
  • All things not of this world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: July 16, 2011, 10:21:51 PM »
True but the first 2 movies had enough military presence to make up for a possible 3rd.

I don't understand why the beef kid is as famous as he is, and why he gets more screen time than everyone else in a film ostensibly about "Transformers".  When he tries to do 'funny neurotic guy', like in this film, he just comes off as the biggest douche that ever douched.

Yeah when Im pining for John Tuturro's character to appear on screen just so i dont have to hear any obnoxous whining you know somethings wrong.
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"
High priest in the Cult of J

Offline Flagg

• Board Legend
  • Gotham's Reckoning
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: July 17, 2011, 12:07:58 AM »
It was horrible. One second it's all "summary executions are evil and wrong" and the next you got Optimus Prime blowing Spocks head off while he begs for his life. Not to mention making Buzz Aldrin a raging hypocrite. For a guy who punched a dude in the face for propagating a moon conspiracy theory to show up in a movie about a moon conspiracy is fucking weak.

Offline Torlek

• Veteran Member
  • Burn it all down and start over.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: July 17, 2011, 04:04:39 PM »
For a guy who punched a dude in the face for propagating a moon conspiracy theory to show up in a movie about a moon conspiracy is fucking weak.
Different moon conspiracies though. I think Aldrin's happy so long as people say he walked on the moon.
The battle of modern programming is one waged between the engineers trying to craft a bigger,better idiot-proof program and the universe trying to breed bigger, better idiots.  So far, the universe is winning.