Author Topic: Transformers: The Movie Discussion Thread  (Read 226254 times)

Offline USS Mariner

• Absolutley Right™
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers: Teh Movie Discussion Thread
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2006, 05:53:11 PM »
"He's totally insane."
"Improve a mechanical device and you may double productivity. But improve man, you gain a thousandfold." - Khan Noonien Singh
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
  • Let the big man do his job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2006, 08:36:33 PM »
First image from the movie itself, and not a production still:
http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=8935

"Well Steve, I think it's more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it." - Bill Gate's response to Steve Jobs' accusation of theft.

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2006, 08:52:08 PM »
Scorponok, hmm? Interesting.
Open your mind to new possibilities
-Trip(sort of), The Crossing

Offline evilsmileyface12

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2006, 11:04:11 PM »
^^^^^^^^ freaking inclredable :o 8)
ESF-12

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
  • All things not of this world
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2006, 12:44:20 AM »
Man if Bay ruins this Im gonna go Scarlett Johansson on his ass!

As for Don Murphy...what is he going on about.  It looks like he had a stroke.
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"
High priest in the Cult of J

Offline Bond, James Bond

• Administrator
  • Minor Board Deity
  • Licensed to Ban
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2006, 01:32:12 AM »

Does that mean you'll bore him to death with your monotone voice and bad acting?

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2006, 01:38:42 AM »

Does that mean you'll bore him to death with your monotone voice and bad acting?

Hey Im a good act...oh your talking about Scarlett.  Well yeah that plus gouge his eyes out in a stupid stunt.
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"

Offline White Wolf

• Distinguished Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2006, 07:17:46 AM »
So the original premise for Transformers is going to be ignored, i take it.
Human Nature. Without a common enemy , men will look for foes in the one place they can guarantee finding one: The Past. -Eoforth, Sigmar's right hand man,

A mind without a purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor, Inquisitor of the Imperium of Mankind.

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2006, 07:20:50 AM »
They are borrowing elements from several Transformer universes, including G1 reboot comics
"Well Steve, I think it's more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it." - Bill Gate's response to Steve Jobs' accusation of theft.

Offline White Wolf

• Distinguished Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2006, 07:40:00 AM »
Cool.  I hope they'll include the 4 million year sleep the Transformers had to go thru.
Human Nature. Without a common enemy , men will look for foes in the one place they can guarantee finding one: The Past. -Eoforth, Sigmar's right hand man,

A mind without a purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor, Inquisitor of the Imperium of Mankind.

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2006, 01:46:19 PM »
Cool.  I hope they'll include the 4 million year sleep the Transformers had to go thru.

Most of the info I've heard, says no, they'll be doing something else. (ie: Having them come to Earth over a certain period of time.)

Offline Stoo

• an all too ordinary story
  • Global Moderator
  • Eminent Member
    • View Profile
    • A Force for Good
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2006, 02:22:13 PM »
The core Transformers myth has been told several times over now, this is just another variation. I'm not going to demand it sticks really closely to the old G1 cartoon. Just as long as it's got a decent story and isn't a mindless summer blockbuster.

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2006, 01:44:46 PM »
Hey, look! Concept art for Ratchet's robot mode

Offline shran

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2006, 02:15:06 PM »
It's getting uglier and uglier.You just can't get so much robot out of a vehicle, judging by the wheel size. Or it would have to be hollow.
A terrible enfant called Peter/
Once sprinkled his bed with a gheeter/
His father got whoost/
Took hold of a cnoost/
And gave him a pack on his meeter.

Offline Rusty

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2006, 06:38:29 PM »
I think the level of detail and sophistication is extraordinary.
Edmund: I remember Massingburg's most famous case, the case of the bloody knife. A man was found next to a murdured body, he had the knife in his hand, thirteen witnesses that seen him stab the victim, and when the police arrived he said, "I'm glad I killed the bastard." Massingbird not only got him off, but he got him knighted in the New Year's Honors list, and the relatives of the victim had to pay to have the blood washed out of his jacket.
Perkins: And he's a dab hand at the prosecution, Sir.
Edmund: Yes, well, look at Oscar Wilde.
Perkins: Oh, butch Oscar.
Edmund: Big, bearded, bonking, butch Oscar - the terror of the ladies. 114 illegitamate children, world heavyweight boxing champion, and author of the best-selling phamplet, "Why I Like To Do It With Girls". Massingbird had him sent down for being a woopsie.

Offline Peregrinus

• Curmudgeon-At-Large
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2006, 09:30:48 PM »
If it were a giant robot movie, which it's turning out to be. But Giant Robots =/= Transformers.

--Jonah
"That's what I love about these high school girls -- I keep getting older, they stay the same age."
--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Offline Tyburn

• Prolific Member
  • Effing up the Ineffable plan since '75
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2006, 02:50:13 AM »
Now if they were to do a movie based on the old British Zoids comic, where a prison ship crash-lands on Zoidstar and the survivors get drawn into the inter-zoid fighting, that'd be cool.

http://www.bloodforthebaron.com/Blood/Zoids/Index.html

I'm getting to that stage in life where I want to find a nice little place, settle down and spend my declining days on my porch, shitting in my hand and throwing it at passing cars. Is that too much to ask?

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2006, 03:14:34 PM »
Better image of Optimus Prime, action pose for Bumblebee, and pre-redesign Megatron.

http://www.jalopnik.com/photogallery/BayTransformers/659086

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2006, 06:13:01 PM »
The best pic of the lot was Optimus. You could see him head to toe without needing to do a close up. If that gallery allowed it, that is.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2006, 01:50:07 AM »
I actually do like that version of Optimus prime.  Pretty Badass if I do say so myself.

Offline BorgMan

• Global Moderator
  • Artistic Assimilator
    • View Profile
    • Visionm.nl
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2006, 03:16:16 AM »
Prime looks pretty decent, but I still think Bumblebee looks retarded, and I can't get a clear view on Megs. Why can't they build their robots the Masterpiece / Binaltech way? Those sported actual interiors as well...
*Doorbell Sound*

"Hi, I am Elder 14 of 37 and this is my traveling companion Sister 29 of 128. We represent the Borg..."
"Oh Roddenbery, you guys again? Look, it's 8 in the morning and I don't have time for you OK? I told you last week..."
"But... Assimilation... Holopamflet!"
"Yeah right, you can leave it here but I'll throw it on the rest of the bunch I got from your other 'brothers' and 'sisters'. Now scram before I call the 8472 Squad!"

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2006, 05:50:35 AM »
Because Hasbro wanted something different. ILM designed them, and Hasbro liked them, and the produceres and director signed off on the concepts.

Megatron' head is being re-designed, and comments made during ComicCom suggests he'll get a Earth mode.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 05:52:56 AM by Xero »

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2006, 06:34:09 AM »
^^^You know he's explained that quite a few times already.

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2006, 08:04:03 AM »
Toy prototypes

Barricade
Bumblebee
Brawl

They are most likely Mis-Transformed, because prototypes don't normally come with instructions, but you get a general idea what the robot modes of Brawl and Barricade will probably look like in the movie

Barricade looks fucking awesome! Brawl reminds me to much of Beast Machines Tankor, but it's good to see Brawl back as a tank, even if he doesn't combine into Bruticus  ;)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 08:21:44 AM by Xero »

Offline Cat-Nadian

• Board Legend
  • There is only Zuul
    • View Profile
    • Cat-Nadian Blog
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2006, 08:17:49 AM »
Two of the links are linking on the same page