Author Topic: Off Topic Discussion, Birthday, and Hello / Goodbye Thread  (Read 519103 times)

Offline RedShirt

• Armed and suicidal
    • View Profile
Re: Off Topic Discussion, Birthday, and Hello / Goodbye Thread
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2006, 06:22:13 PM »
What was the context?
I have selective reading.

"There is a certain logic to your logic."
~ Tuvok

"High speed and low IQ don't mix"
~Maple Dog

"Hey, then maybe we could hop in our VW bus and make sweet sweet free love whilst smoking some doobies and doing other 1967ey things."
~Bond, James Bond

Offline Manticore

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2006, 06:32:06 PM »
A Pegasus officer was bringing aboard Pegasus's library to replace the data that Galactica lost when she had the virus.

Offline DarkShinobi

• Eminent Member
  • Oderint dum metuant
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2006, 06:36:48 PM »
Heh.

In that context, its hilarious.

:D

"You have always had a hard time finding your place in this world, haven't you? Never knowing your true worth? You can settle for less than an ordinary life. Now you feel like you were meant for something better? Something special?"    - Christopher Pike speaking to a young James T. Kirk

Darmok

« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2006, 10:13:47 PM »
Er...happy birthday, Flagg? There’s a piece of birthday cake next to his age on his profile...I assume that means his birthday is close?

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
  • All things not of this world
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2006, 12:41:48 AM »
If thats the case happy birthday Flagg.
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"
High priest in the Cult of J

Offline Flagg

• Board Legend
  • Gotham's Reckoning
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 10, 2006, 01:10:28 AM »
Send me money.

Offline Setekh

• Eminent Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2006, 01:13:55 AM »
I'll send you money.

If by money you mean a dead possum.

Darmok

« Reply #82 on: October 10, 2006, 01:14:44 AM »
Send me money.

All right; how does $50 sound? I’ll just leave it behind me for you to pick up.

Offline Kestra

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 10, 2006, 01:20:23 AM »
Happy Birthday Flagg darling. :D

I'm sure if you posted your address on the forum, people would be more than happy to send you all sorts of birthday presents.   
... dancing in the night in the middle of June ...

Darmok

« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2006, 01:22:33 AM »
Happy Birthday Flagg darling. :D

I'm sure if you posted your address on the forum, people would be more than happy to send you all sorts of birthday presents.   

He already told us in his profile—he’s Behind Me.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 10, 2006, 04:13:00 AM »
To break in neo-SCN I thought it best for a long overdue chapter of....

SCN Secrets

Bond James Bond - Nearly lost his job as a science teacher by telling his students that life was created when Jack Bauer used a time machine to go back in time and masturbated into the primordial soup.  He has since sent this story idea to the producers of "24" but has yet to receive a response.

Maple Dog - Has many Demons. . . polite demons that would open the door for a lady carrying too many parcels, but demons nonetheless!"

Darmok - Hasn't been able to get a date for nearly a year now because Kestra has been taking his potential girlfriends aside for a "quiet chat"  :-X

Flagg - Spend his free time sitting outside in a lawnchair pretending to crush people's heads with his thumb and forefinger.

Razor - His grandfather was....Walt Disney.

Bernd - Despite his clever ruse pretending to be disgusted by its architecture actually lives here...

Edit P.S welcome to the club Darmok
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
  • Let the big man do his job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 10, 2006, 05:12:43 AM »
Please tell us you don't keep his frozen head in your freezer, Razor.
"Well Steve, I think it's more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it." - Bill Gate's response to Steve Jobs' accusation of theft.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 10, 2006, 05:52:55 AM »
^^^Nope Jim Henson's...oops I shouldn't have said that.

Javert

« Reply #88 on: October 10, 2006, 06:45:25 AM »
Happy Birthday Flagg.

Oh and Bond is a History (AP US) teacher IIRC. 

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 10, 2006, 07:29:24 AM »
^^^Yeah I know...thats why he's no longer a science teacher.

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 10, 2006, 12:57:17 PM »

SCN Secrets

Bond James Bond - Nearly lost his job as a science teacher by telling his students that life was created when Jack Bauer used a time machine to go back in time and masturbated into the primordial soup.  He has since sent this story idea to the producers of "24" but has yet to receive a response.

Maple Dog - Has many Demons. . . polite demons that would open the door for a lady carrying too many parcels, but demons nonetheless!"

Darmok - Hasn't been able to get a date for nearly a year now because Kestra has been taking his potential girlfriends aside for a "quiet chat"  :-X

Flagg - Spend his free time sitting outside in a lawnchair pretending to crush people's heads with his thumb and forefinger.

Bernd - Despite his clever ruse pretending to be disgusted by its architecture actually lives here...

hehehehe. Good way to start off the new SCN, Razor.
Open your mind to new possibilities
-Trip(sort of), The Crossing

Offline Kestra

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 10, 2006, 04:18:11 PM »

I only ever did that with my sister's boyfriends!  :P

She actually warned her now fiance that I might be mean when I first met him.  I do get a little protective.
... dancing in the night in the middle of June ...

Offline evilsmileyface12

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2006, 04:40:05 PM »

SCN Secrets

hehe those are good

Send me money.

Forget it! I already spent all my money on those strippers last night... remember?
ESF-12

Darmok

« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2006, 07:48:04 PM »

SCN Secrets

Wow, I am honored to be included in this elite bunch...thanks!

Update:
I would also like to announce that I have spewed so much drivel here that I am now a Member.

Note to self: Must stop leaving SCN open while studying...
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 09:49:15 PM by Darmok »

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2006, 11:54:14 PM »

I only ever did that with my sister's boyfriends!  :P

She actually warned her now fiance that I might be mean when I first met him.  I do get a little protective.

Actually I put that down as I recently found out that both my older and younger sisters have been pulling my girlfriends aside and giving them the "quiet chat". 

Offline Chemahkuu

• Distinguished Member
  • Resident Insufferable Treknobabbler
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 11, 2006, 06:46:02 AM »
Ahh the advantages of having siblings that are either retarded or living far away ;D

Javert

« Reply #96 on: October 11, 2006, 06:49:37 AM »
Ahh the advantages of having siblings that are either retarded or living far away ;D

Or significantly younger ;)

Offline Setekh

• Eminent Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 11, 2006, 07:55:13 AM »
So I got a co-op job offer from Honeywell Aerospace (basically a co-op is I work there for a semester, then go to school for a semester, and alternate like that). I'm not sure if I want to take it though. I would be helping design navigational controls for airplanes right now, which isn't exactly what I want to do. But after graduation, they said it's easy to move between divisions in the company, so I could work with Space stuff, which is what I want to do.

Offline Chemahkuu

• Distinguished Member
  • Resident Insufferable Treknobabbler
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 11, 2006, 07:57:58 AM »
Well it depends, is it the "valuable work experience" type of thing or the "make the intern make the coffee"?

Javert

« Reply #99 on: October 11, 2006, 08:04:32 AM »
So I got a co-op job offer from Honeywell Aerospace (basically a co-op is I work there for a semester, then go to school for a semester, and alternate like that). I'm not sure if I want to take it though. I would be helping design navigational controls for airplanes right now, which isn't exactly what I want to do. But after graduation, they said it's easy to move between divisions in the company, so I could work with Space stuff, which is what I want to do.

Congratulations! and Take the Job, even if you don't stay there it's a great networking opportunity.

Well it depends, is it the "valuable work experience" type of thing or the "make the intern make the coffee"?

It's the Valuable experience one - that's the difference between an internship and a Co-op.  While I was Co-oping at Copeland, I was participation in the design and testing of the next generation Midsized AC compressor (among other things).  I don't know the atmosphere at Honeywell, but if it's anything like Copeland, he'll enjoy it.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 08:06:31 AM by Timothy C. »