Author Topic: Destination Lost 2.0  (Read 66710 times)

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
  • All things not of this world
    • View Profile
Destination Lost 2.0
« on: September 29, 2006, 02:02:30 AM »
I wanted to start this up before the start of the new season.  Has anyone else gotten the season 2 DVD yet?
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"
High priest in the Cult of J

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Destination Lost 2.0
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 05:50:41 AM »
Just wanted to remind everyone that the season premier is tonight.
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"

Offline The Daft Punk

• An Erotic Adventurer Of The Most Deranged Kind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 03:47:11 PM »
Hells Yeah. After the kickassery of the Season 2 finale, I am PUMPED for Season 3. Much more than Battlestar Galactica.
Harder.Better.Faster.Stronger
~~~~~~~~
"Until a man is 25, he still thinks, every so often, that under the right circumstances he could be the baddest motherfucker in the world. If I moved to a martial arts monastery in China and studied real hard for 10 years. If my family was wiped out by Colombian drug dealers and I swore myself to revenge. If I got a fatal disease, had one year to live, devoted it to wiping out street crime. If I just dropped out and devoted my life to being bad."
- "Snow Crash", Neal Stephenson

Offline Setekh

• Eminent Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 09:00:28 PM »
This episode was sorta boring. It's cool we saw the little village at the beginning of the episode though.

Offline The Daft Punk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 09:37:48 PM »
Okay, forget the rest of the episode, this gets a 10/10 solely for the opening sequence. Probably the coolest opener, on any TV show, I've ever seen.
~~~~~~~~
"Until a man is 25, he still thinks, every so often, that under the right circumstances he could be the baddest motherfucker in the world. If I moved to a martial arts monastery in China and studied real hard for 10 years. If my family was wiped out by Colombian drug dealers and I swore myself to revenge. If I got a fatal disease, had one year to live, devoted it to wiping out street crime. If I just dropped out and devoted my life to being bad."

Offline Kestra

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 10:55:04 PM »
I missed it!  :(

Now I'm going to have to go find it on iTunes or something.  I barely remember the first two seasons because I watched them all at once but it was awhile back.  Hopefully it'll come back to me.
... dancing in the night in the middle of June ...

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 01:43:55 AM »
Hells Yeah. After the kickassery of the Season 2 finale, I am PUMPED for Season 3. Much more than Battlestar Galactica.

Same here...

Okiedokie so it appears as though the Others live in a suburban-esqe village near the center of the island.  It would also appear as though the Others were not prepared for the planes arrival as I had though earlier.  One interesting connection though I think its pretty amature of me.  When Juliet ran across Ben (Henry Gale) she was carrying a Stephen king book.  If you remember when Locke gave Ben the Dostoyevsky book last season he asked Locke if they had any Stephen King instead.  Altogether I think its a good opener. I get the feeling that Juliet may very well turn to our side later in the show or perhaps help the survivors escape. 

Offline The Daft Punk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 04:55:01 AM »
I heard somwhere that Juliet is the new Love Interest for Jack. Plus, after the shit Ben/Henry Gale pulled, I wouldn't be surprised if she turned.
~~~~~~~~

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2006, 05:18:15 AM »
^^^I am so into this show that I have refused to read any spoilers.

Offline Bond, James Bond

• Administrator
  • Minor Board Deity
  • Licensed to Ban
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2006, 09:27:29 AM »
Except for the Other's village and the crash at the beginning this episode was pretty weak.

I've seen all I need to see on Jack and his ex-wife, that backstory was completely pointless and redundant two flashjacks ago. Ooh, we learned Jack is really irrational and controlling sometimes, just like we've seen on the show the past two seasons. Thanks for that!

Offline Setekh

• Eminent Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2006, 09:56:48 AM »
Jack came off as a really big asshole in this episode. Tell me his name! It's my dad isn't it. That drunk. I'm going to go tell him how big of a drunk he is during and AA meeting and then punch him in the face.

Oh, and are we to assume that the cages Sawyer and Kate were in are where the polar bears came from or something?

Offline Bond, James Bond

• Administrator
  • Minor Board Deity
  • Licensed to Ban
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2006, 10:04:26 AM »
Yeah, the Gorton's Fisherman mentioned the bears being in the cages. If so that would place the location of the cages on the southwest side of the island (as per the glowy map in the Hatch which showed polar bear activity there), which would be consistent with the overflight of the plane at the start of the episode.

Offline Flagg

• Board Legend
  • Gotham's Reckoning
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2006, 02:06:56 PM »
I thought it was pretty good. Not nearly as good as last seasons premier, though.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2006, 01:05:07 AM »
I've seen all I need to see on Jack and his ex-wife, that backstory was completely pointless and redundant two flashjacks ago. Ooh, we learned Jack is really irrational and controlling sometimes, just like we've seen on the show the past two seasons. Thanks for that!

Thats actually a pretty good point. I recall being mildly disappointed when I first saw the jack flashback.

Anyways does anyone think Juliet was telling the truth about the others.  That they are in fact the last remnants of the Dharma initiative?  Perhaps when the initiative failed there was a schism.  One group realized that it was just a waste of time and the other was so indoctrinated to the cause of the initiative that they stayed behind on the island or perhaps killed those who tried to leave?  This would explain Kelvin calling them the hostiles even though he also joined the initiative.

By the way was anyone else expecting the smoke monster to appear out of the hatchway when Jack tried to open it?

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
    • The New Haven Chronicles
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2006, 07:19:27 PM »
That opening sequence with seeing the plane crash from the vantage point of the island was awesome and there was some interesting info dropped throughtout the episode, but I found myself bored and annoyed at the lack of progress.

https://www.patreon.com/JonMichaelMay
Help me make art, by joining me on Patreon. Various subscriptions tiers are in place, allowing you to support my addictive art habit for as little as $1 a month.

Offline Bond, James Bond

• Administrator
  • Minor Board Deity
  • Licensed to Ban
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2006, 01:44:13 PM »
Anyways does anyone think Juliet was telling the truth about the others.  That they are in fact the last remnants of the Dharma initiative?  Perhaps when the initiative failed there was a schism.  One group realized that it was just a waste of time and the other was so indoctrinated to the cause of the initiative that they stayed behind on the island or perhaps killed those who tried to leave?  This would explain Kelvin calling them the hostiles even though he also joined the initiative.

By the way was anyone else expecting the smoke monster to appear out of the hatchway when Jack tried to open it?

What I always figured is that the Others were the Dharma people that were exposed to some sort of experiment that forced them to remain behind on the island or that they chose to remain behind willingly when an accident occurred (such as some of the accidents mentioned on the Hatch map), and everyone else evacuated. They clearly still have contact with the outside world considering the info they dug up on Jack and the other crash survivors, so they could be rescued at any time, but they choose to remain. This points to the first theory, but then again they could be rotating in and out new personnel all the time (hence the new faces we see and some old ones we don't see anymore - along with the missing kids who may have been taking back to the mainland), and the people that hang around are merely the most committed to the project and thus willing to stay voluntarily.

Offline Setekh

• Eminent Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2006, 08:17:36 PM »
So did Sun get shot or what? I was thinking she got shot, but it didn't look like she had any bullet wounds. I was thinking they were going to have her get shot in the stomach, ending her pregnancy. We don't need two babies on the island. Although they could have the babies fight each other with knives or something. Two babies enter, 1 baby leaves.

Anyway, so atleast we got a definite date as to when this is set. Before is was mostly speculation (which turned out to be true for the most part).

Best quote of the night: "You taste like strawberries." "You taste like fish biscuits."

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2006, 02:21:59 AM »
Not bad at all.  Sun and Jin always make for interesting flashbacks and to find out that the bald guy is dead is interesting.  Also does anyone else think it was Sun who killed the Bald guy.  Thats the impression I got when Gwynnie the Other mentioned that she wasn't a killer.  Its also nice to see Jin take more of a part in the fighting against the Others plus Sayid is just badass.  Best shot though: Kate's magnificent rear  ;D(Yo Set what was the word for having a good ass again?).  Did anyone else think that Ben was going to say that his name was Benjamin Hanso?

Also they lost the boat....dammit looks like Sayid has some splainin to do to the survivors.

Offline Kestra

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2006, 11:04:07 PM »
^^^ I don't think Sun had anything to do with it.  I think it was out of fear or shame or the fact that he'd have to live without Sun.

I just got caught up on the two episodes, and I'm liking it so far.  I'm getting a little sick of all these random buttons and doors though.  I could do with a little less random mystery, or at least something we have a shot at guessing.  The flashbacks basically tell us that everyone's done some pretty stupid stuff.  Some worse than others.  Jack's had me just wanting to give him a hug, even though he obviously put himself in that situation.

Oh, and that kiss was hot.  Sawyer just moved up on my list.
... dancing in the night in the middle of June ...

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2006, 12:45:51 AM »
^^^The very fact that Sawyer surprised the others also had me smiling.  He's probably not someone that they're used to dealing with.  It would also appear as though that they're not as tough as we thought they were.  One thing I'm getting really irritated by (and I hope someone calls them on it) is The Others non stop "we're the good guys/we're not your enemy" soliloquizing.  They sure as hell have gone out of their way to abduct murder and sabotage the survivors whenever they get the chance.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2006, 05:02:01 AM »
Oh yeah a Locke-centric episode!  I was hoping that we were gonna find out how he became a parapalegic but alas.  So it would seem as though The Hatch is no more.  Im dissapointed as I thought it gave the survivors some great backup in case of an emergency.  I guess we'll have to wait for them to find "The Flame" later this season.  There's another small Stephen King reference.  Locke makes a sweat shack (or Smoke Hole as it is sometimes called) to speak with the island.  In "IT" the losers club also makes a sweat shack to meditate and help them find out more about IT...file that away for later.  We also see Boone again...Im beginning to think that the island may house a spiritual well (a vortex) of some sort.  This may explain some of the stranger things on the island for example both Locke and Eko's visions of dead people (They're actually the spirits of Boone and Yemi) it might be related to the Swan's electromagnetism experiments.

Sulacu

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2006, 11:25:35 PM »
The thing that really baffled me was that John Locke, whom I perceived as one of the most virtuous of the Lostees, was an accessory to marihuana production. What I liked best about this episode was the hallucinogenic scene back in Sydney airport; it had all these great little details, and to me is the most dream like sequence in Lost to date.

Offline Flagg

• Board Legend
  • Gotham's Reckoning
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2006, 11:50:04 PM »
What does pot have to do with virtue?

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2006, 01:56:59 AM »
Im just more worried about how well Locke will lead the survivors against The Others.  He seemed a bit too trusting of them in "The Hunting Party" and "The Long Con"  Eko too and he was freaking terrorized by them.  I'd rather see Sayid take up the motto of leadership for the survivors.

Offline Setekh

• Eminent Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2006, 08:45:31 PM »
So...two islands huh? Ok.