Author Topic: Destination Lost 2.0  (Read 66620 times)

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
  • All things not of this world
    • View Profile
Re: Destination Lost 2.0
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2006, 02:08:34 AM »
Hmm I had a feeling there was a smaller island somewhere.  This episode was a little dull if you ask me.  Though I was genuinly suprised when it turned out that Sawyer was conning the other prisoner.
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"
High priest in the Cult of J

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2006, 02:36:56 AM »
Oh what fun..

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=38715

Serenity's Fillion On Lost

Serenity star Nathan Fillion guest-stars on the Nov. 8 episode of ABC's hit series Lost, "I Do," which also marks the decision by Kate (Evangeline Lilly) to hook up with either Jack (Matthew Fox) or Sawyer (Josh Holloway). Fillion will play a character named Kevin in the episode, which is the last new one for a while as the series takes a 13-week hiatus, returning in February.

In "I Do," Jack makes a decision regarding Ben's (Michael Emerson) offer, Kate feels helpless when it looks like an angry Pickett (Michael Bowen) is going to make good on his threat to kill Sawyer, and Locke (Terry O'Quinn) discovers a hidden message that may guide him through the next steps on his journey to unlocking the secrets of the island.

Wont it be nice to see Nathan again.
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"

Offline Setekh

• Eminent Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2006, 09:08:09 PM »
Those sons of bitches. They killed off one of the coolest characters.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2006, 03:40:16 AM »
Those sons of bitches. They killed off one of the coolest characters.

I know......MUTHERFUCKER!!!!!!! 

Well at least this episode was an improvement over last week.  The moment where Jack had Ben psyched was great as it about time the others were put on the worry.  Something tells me that the dude with the eyepatch was in The Flame.  Oh and who is that new hottie I mean she just came out of no where. 

Offline Greg

• Lord of Lava Lamp
  • Eminent Member
  • Old Fart
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2006, 06:56:36 PM »
The new hottie is one of the middle section surviviours who's been bumming around with that guy in the orange top, AFAIK they're being added as main characters.

Man, this show is such a bastard, slapping you around like a bitch, then watching as you pick yourself up and run back for more... now, if you'll excuse me, I need to grab my running shoes

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2006, 02:00:06 AM »
Im so dissapointed as Eko had so much leadership potential and could propbably unravel more about the island than anyone.  I was hoping it would be him and Locke confronting the others together.

You know without Eko that means that there are no black people on this show...unless they plan on bringing back Micheal. 

Also would they please give Desmond something to do as opposed to sitting around like he's pinching a loaf all the time.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2006, 04:44:06 AM »
DAMN JACK YOU IS A BADASS!!!!!!!!!

Offline Setekh

• Eminent Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2006, 04:32:12 PM »
Eh, it was alright. Kate was all  :-* Sawyer was all  :o and Jack was all :[

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2007, 04:21:21 AM »
Now I know Im not the only one who's been eagerly awaiting this hiatus. 

At first I thought Jack might lose the upper hand to Juliet but he managed to keep it :D.  And was I the only one who got a kick out of seeing Sawyer beat the crap out of Pickett?  Now Im no medical expert but would it actually be possible for Ben to come out of his sleep like that?  Im shocked we got one of the Others flashbacks this early. Juliet's backstory was rather sad and downright unsettling (now why does Edmund Burke so sound familiar). I had a feeling that the Others had connections to the outside but this just proves it.

Sorry if thats a bit disjointed but I just saw it and it still hasn't fully sunk in.  2 things...

-1 new Stephen King reference Alex hides Kate and Sawyer from Pickett  in a camoflouged trapdoor pit.  In "IT" the loser's club has an underground clubhouse with a camoflouged lid.  Beverly and Ben hide from henry Bowers and his thugs in much the same manner.
-The room Karl was in might have been the same room Ms Clugh mentioned to Walt.

Offline Bond, James Bond

• Administrator
  • Minor Board Deity
  • Licensed to Ban
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2007, 07:30:01 AM »
Good episode. I still have absolutely no clue what the hell is going on, but that's alright so long as it stays entertaining. More thoughts to come later.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2007, 02:02:14 AM »
Ok so it seems as though Desmond went back in time did he  :P.  Well at least they did  something more with Desmond than constantly have him running around looking like he's constipated all the time.  Not much else I can really say about this episode.  Though Charlie's acoustic version of Wonderwall sounded pretty good.

Offline Bond, James Bond

• Administrator
  • Minor Board Deity
  • Licensed to Ban
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2007, 10:32:48 AM »
I loved it. It's easily one of the top five episodes of the series, as you can see by my ramblings here:
http://scn.nov-net.com/index.php?topic=1091.msg27434#new

Speaking of Charlie singing "Wonderwall," did you consider the lyrics?
"Cause maybe, you're gonna be the one that saves me..."
Pretty cool considering the later revelation about Desmond trying to save Charlie, huh?

I think in the end Desmond will find a way to save Charlie, because he was starting to get a glimmer of understanding that you can change the future before he was pulled back to the Island and gave up hope again. He's always on the verge of a breakthrough before getting beaten down, but eventually he'll figure out the situation. The only problem is that saving Charlie may come at the expense of his own life.

I think this episode pretty much solidifies for me that the Island is in an alternate universe connected to our universe by a wormhole which was held open by the EM unit in the Hatch. If you didn't push the button every 108 minutes the "system failure" mode turned on and the wormhole would veer out of control and suck in things like Flight 815, the Nigerian drugrunner plane, the Black Rock, some ancient Greeks or Romans who built the statue to the God of deformed foot fetishism (wormholes travel not only through space but through time), Desmond's boat, Danielle's ship, Henry Gale's balloon, etc. When Desmond turned the fail-safe key that closed off the wormhole exit point (which Walt & Michael went through), which is why the Others no longer can travel to or make contact with the outside world. The Island basically exists within a pocket of space-time which is why no matter how hard you try, unless you exit the specific coordinates that Ben told to Michael, you can never leave the Island's vicinity. And now even that is closed, though I'm sure they'll find another way out, possibly through Desmond.

Anyway, great episode. 10/10.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2007, 01:25:38 AM »
I think this episode pretty much solidifies for me that the Island is in an alternate universe connected to our universe by a wormhole which was held open by the EM unit in the Hatch. If you didn't push the button every 108 minutes the "system failure" mode turned on and the wormhole would veer out of control and suck in things like Flight 815, the Nigerian drugrunner plane, the Black Rock, some ancient Greeks or Romans who built the statue to the God of deformed foot fetishism (wormholes travel not only through space but through time), Desmond's boat, Danielle's ship, Henry Gale's balloon, etc. When Desmond turned the fail-safe key that closed off the wormhole exit point (which Walt & Michael went through), which is why the Others no longer can travel to or make contact with the outside world. The Island basically exists within a pocket of space-time which is why no matter how hard you try, unless you exit the specific coordinates that Ben told to Michael, you can never leave the Island's vicinity. And now even that is closed, though I'm sure they'll find another way out, possibly through Desmond.

Great theory and one Ive been pretty much leaning on..mind if I add to it?

The island may not have always existed in this "pocketverse".  The pocketverse may have been created by the "incident" mentioned in the swan film.  The island itself may have originally existed with our universe and was sitting atop a vortex or mini-blackhole (hence the original electromagnetic feild) and the incident (a nuclear explosion?) caused space time around the island to fold in on itself creating the pocketverse.

Perhaps the Dharma initiative purposefully created the pocketverse as part of an experiment.  And used its isolation to conduct experiments in hopes of altering the valenzetti equation.  The Others may be the last of the initiative who have adopted a sort of "ends justify the means" modus to stop the extinction of the human race hence the abduction and murder.

Offline Bond, James Bond

• Administrator
  • Minor Board Deity
  • Licensed to Ban
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2007, 12:40:57 PM »
But the "incident" occurred after the Dharma Initiative was already established on the island, and my impression was that they were specifically created to try and prevent the end of the world and failed (as per what Tom said).

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2007, 12:14:28 AM »
But the "incident" occurred after the Dharma Initiative was already established on the island, and my impression was that they were specifically created to try and prevent the end of the world and failed (as per what Tom said).

Ok but that really dosent discount what I said.  My idea is that the Others may be the hardliners who refused to give up even after the rest of the initiative failed.  Perhaps the creation of the pocketverse added a new variable to the equation.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2007, 08:20:00 AM »
Hmm no too bad.  Not as good as last weeks episode.  I'll tell you one thing though the ABC ad department was full of liars they said we were gonna get some questions answered.  Its interesting to see the tail section survivors who weren't captured turn up fine but I can only wonder what they meant by watching?  And the "sheriff" kind of reminds me of my aunt.  While I think its pleasent to see a Jack flashback that dosent involve him going crazy and attacking his father this flashback just left me perplexed.

SPOILERS!!!!!

This is a photo from an upcoming episode where Sayid and Locke find "The Flame" Dharma station.  Hmm kida Hellraiserish if I do say so myself.

Offline Bond, James Bond

• Administrator
  • Minor Board Deity
  • Licensed to Ban
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2007, 08:33:18 AM »

This is a photo from an upcoming episode where Sayid and Locke find "The Flame" Dharma station.  Hmm kida Hellraiserish if I do say so myself.

Sayid and Locke? Apparently the Others performed a sex change operation on Locke at "The Question" station, and he then developed an unhealthy obsession with Kate and started trying to look like her.

This episode answered what Jack's tattoo meant... sort of.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2007, 08:50:57 AM »
Oops my mistake...DAMN YOU BOND AND YOUR OBSERVATIONS!!!! ;D

Offline Flagg

• Board Legend
  • Gotham's Reckoning
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2007, 03:38:40 AM »

Sayid and Locke? Apparently the Others performed a sex change operation on Locke at "The Question" station, and he then developed an unhealthy obsession with Kate and started trying to look like her.

This episode answered what Jack's tattoo meant... sort of.

It answered what the tatoo says, not what it means:P

Offline Kestra

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2007, 09:26:25 AM »
^ That was lame when Jack said it in the episode too.

I was actually really disappointed in this episode.  Some people have been complaining about Lost going down in quality but I didn't really feel it until this ep.  I think I'm just sick of all these questions piling up and no answers.  Or maybe I'm too clueless to find the answers!  I just want them to feed us some small concrete info on something we've been wondering about.

I thought the flashback was incredibly boring as well.  Or maybe it's just because I can't stand Bai Ling.
... dancing in the night in the middle of June ...

Offline Bond, James Bond

• Administrator
  • Minor Board Deity
  • Licensed to Ban
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2007, 10:22:15 AM »
You didn't like the Desmond episode? I thought that was one of the best episodes of the series and gave a good glimpse into what is going on on the island.

Offline Kestra

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2007, 10:29:21 AM »
No I did like the Desmond episode a lot, but unlike you with all your mad theories that usually turn out to be correct, it just left me more confused.  Desmond's now probably one of my favorite characters actually.
... dancing in the night in the middle of June ...

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2007, 10:39:33 AM »
I was actually really disappointed in this episode.  Some people have been complaining about Lost going down in quality but I didn't really feel it until this ep.  I think I'm just sick of all these questions piling up and no answers.  Or maybe I'm too clueless to find the answers!  I just want them to feed us some small concrete info on something we've been wondering about.

I really didnt think that the quality went down either.  But like you I wish they'd stop nulling around already and answer some questions.  I think we'll probably get some more answers once they find "The Flame".

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2007, 10:51:17 AM »
No real relation to the episode but I read this and I thought it was interesting.  Apparently Hyrda Island was visible last season as Ana Lucia and Eko passed by it on the horizon.

Yes Im aware that it was unintentional.  But its still fun to connect the dots.

Offline Bond, James Bond

• Administrator
  • Minor Board Deity
  • Licensed to Ban
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2007, 12:56:22 AM »
If they give you all the answers though then there's not much point in the show going on any further. They've said that the mystery of exactly what is going on won't be completely revealed until the end of the series, which according to the producers should be after 5 or 6 seasons. They don't want to stretch it out beyond its expiration date.