Author Topic: New Member Introduction Thread  (Read 200176 times)

Offline Setekh

• Eminent Member
    • View Profile
Re: New Member Introduction Thread
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2006, 11:43:35 AM »
Welcome Darmok!

I think it's high praise for SCN that she recruited you... I think she's one of the more respected people here, and if she says that someone should be here, then I think that says something...

Or it could mean that she is seeking some sort of revenge for some childhood prank you pulled on her, and now she is just going to let us drive you insane.  ;)

Either or.  :D

Fuck dude, if you love her so much, why don't you marry her?  ;D

Wouldn't want to CB "Blakers"   ;D :P

Then don't walk in on your mother and me again. One time, I can understand, but when you just keep opening the door over and over, it's just weird.

fowlerbryan

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2006, 12:21:31 PM »
Welcome Darmok!

I think it's high praise for SCN that she recruited you... I think she's one of the more respected people here, and if she says that someone should be here, then I think that says something...

Or it could mean that she is seeking some sort of revenge for some childhood prank you pulled on her, and now she is just going to let us drive you insane.  ;)

Either or.  :D

Fuck dude, if you love her so much, why don't you marry her?  ;D

Wouldn't want to CB "Blakers"   ;D :P

Then don't walk in on your mother and me again. One time, I can understand, but when you just keep opening the door over and over, it's just weird.

Hey, hey now...Don't get your panties all in a bunch. ;D

Offline Bond, James Bond

• Administrator
  • Minor Board Deity
  • Licensed to Ban
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2006, 12:31:29 PM »
Hi all...I'm Kestra's brother; she recruited me to join you guys. I'm pretty busy (in real life) so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to post, but I'll hopefully be seeing you around.

Oh no, they're multiplying. Pretty soon this entire board will be made up of Kestra's friends and relatives and it will be all super-nice and full of ponies and gumdrops, and that will just sicken me. ;)

Just kidding. Welcome to the board Darmok. Stoo already made the obligatory and cliche Darmok metaphor joke so I have nothing witty to add.

But seriously, you have to act like a jerk to balance out Kestra's uber-niceness. The space-time continuum may depend on it!

Offline Chemahkuu

• Distinguished Member
  • Resident Insufferable Treknobabbler
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2006, 01:59:59 PM »
She never mentioned a brother, at all, that I can remember.  Hmm, oh well welcome to the board.

Offline Kestra

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2006, 03:18:06 PM »
Oh no, they're multiplying. Pretty soon this entire board will be made up of Kestra's friends and relatives and it will be all super-nice and full of ponies and gumdrops, and that will just sicken me. ;)

Just kidding. Welcome to the board Darmok. Stoo already made the obligatory and cliche Darmok metaphor joke so I have nothing witty to add.

But seriously, you have to act like a jerk to balance out Kestra's uber-niceness. The space-time continuum may depend on it!

Oh right, because you're so evil yourself.  Oh, and my brother's far nicer than I am.   :D

She never mentioned a brother, at all, that I can remember.  Hmm, oh well welcome to the board.

Sure I have.  He's the oldest, and just lives in a different state from the rest of the family.
... dancing in the night in the middle of June ...

Offline USS Mariner

• Absolutley Right™
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2006, 03:20:51 PM »
Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit's Mariner ;)
"Improve a mechanical device and you may double productivity. But improve man, you gain a thousandfold." - Khan Noonien Singh
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton

Offline RedShirt

• Armed and suicidal
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2006, 04:05:16 PM »
Hi all...I'm Kestra's brother; she recruited me to join you guys. I'm pretty busy (in real life) so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to post, but I'll hopefully be seeing you around.

I can be a jerk if you want.  ;D
I have selective reading.

"There is a certain logic to your logic."
~ Tuvok

"High speed and low IQ don't mix"
~Maple Dog

"Hey, then maybe we could hop in our VW bus and make sweet sweet free love whilst smoking some doobies and doing other 1967ey things."
~Bond, James Bond

fowlerbryan

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2006, 08:12:32 PM »

I can be a jerk if you want.  ;D

No, no, no...I think we've got a couple already. Thanks though.  ;D

Offline Hobbes

• Veteran Member
  • Cinnamon! No!
    • View Profile
    • Federation Starship Datalink
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2006, 09:24:04 PM »
i'M A nEW meMbaR!!1!!!!!11!!  SPAM SPAM g0 2 my SiTE! 
"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Federation Starship Datalink

Tanky

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2006, 09:30:48 PM »
Fucking n00bs

;D

Darmok

« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2006, 09:39:04 PM »
Heh...thank you all; I did not intend to derail the topic. Don't worry, I've heard all about you guys already from Kestra, and I'm sure you can scare up enough jerks to balance us out. Chemahkuu, I forgive you for not remembering about me.

Offline Setekh

• Eminent Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2006, 09:46:47 PM »
Don't worry, I've heard all about you guys already from Kestra

Oh shi-

Offline Da Vinci

• Dutchman in Her Majesty's lands
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2006, 01:06:15 AM »
Heh...thank you all; I did not intend to derail the topic. Don't worry, I've heard all about you guys already from Kestra, and I'm sure you can scare up enough jerks to balance us out. Chemahkuu, I forgive you for not remembering about me.
That could prove to be a problem for the rest of us..... ;)
Godwin's law rephrased: reductio ad Hitlerum

Offline Stoo

• an all too ordinary story
  • Global Moderator
  • Eminent Member
    • View Profile
    • A Force for Good
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2006, 02:17:45 AM »
i'M A nEW meMbaR!!1!!!!!11!!  SPAM SPAM g0 2 my SiTE! 

fuck you get out

Offline Ens. Tarragon

• Ray-Guns don't kill characters, writers do!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2006, 02:41:14 AM »
Hello, everybody!

I'm Ensign Tarragon. I used to be Lt. Clyde Hooper, back in the day. After returning, the infernal machines wouldn't let me re-join as my old self - hence the new psuedonym.

I spend most of my time over at the Artwork and Creativity Forum (which is why it took me so long to check out the Announcements and stuff). When I'm not mercilessly criticisizing other people's designs, I'm defending my own with a despeseration that borders on blind fanaticism. My sarcasm bites! And, have I mentioened I'm long-winded...
----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why don't Vulcan Starfleet Officers wear red tunics?"

"With their green skin, it would look too Christmass-y."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

ET
I heard Mister Worf is trying those famous Klingon aphrodisiacs. Between that and the prune juice, he doesn't know if he's coming or going!

Offline Stoo

• Global Moderator
  • Eminent Member
    • View Profile
    • A Force for Good
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2006, 02:55:44 AM »
Welcome, Tarragon!

Offline Bernd

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Lord of the Bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2006, 03:39:03 AM »
Well, the current default setting allows 100*100 avatars, so it's perfectly okay (although we might reduce it to 75*75 again).

Offline Simon

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Patria Domus: Hub to my Many Websites
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2006, 04:19:16 AM »
Hello!  Is there any beer? ;D :P

Offline Greg

• Lord of Lava Lamp
  • Eminent Member
  • Old Fart
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2006, 04:37:44 AM »
Admin staff only :P

Offline Simon

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Patria Domus: Hub to my Many Websites
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2006, 05:22:34 AM »
Fine.  I'll just set up some stills over here and make some homebrew then... ;D

Offline Chemahkuu

• Distinguished Member
  • Resident Insufferable Treknobabbler
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2006, 06:29:48 AM »
Well it looks like we finally have all the major members of the site over now  ;D

And Darmok, its not that I dont remember, Kes never told me about you, just her sister, then again we dont speak much so its no surprising, welcome to the board anyway.

Although, Id just like to say everything she told you about me is a lie ;D

Offline Stoo

• Global Moderator
  • Eminent Member
    • View Profile
    • A Force for Good
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2006, 07:38:38 AM »
Well, the current default setting allows 100*100 avatars, so it's perfectly okay (although we might reduce it to 75*75 again).

I was under the impression that all previous forum rules carried over to this one.

If you're planning on any changes, you'd better bring the matter up in mod HQ.

Highwayhoss

Back on track
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2006, 08:44:05 AM »
Hidy y'all.....after a LONG absence from this forum, I decided to get back into things here......some of you might remember me posting here a few times a couple of years ago; so you wonder where I've been? I've been busy learning my new job: truck driver! Yep I am a full blown 18 wheeler man with a CDL; I currently work for Werner Enterprises (Company website at www.werner.com) where I've been driving over 1.5 years now. Also I no longer use Webtv, I now have a nice fullblown laptop. ;D See y'all on the boards.

Offline RedShirt

• Armed and suicidal
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2006, 10:15:00 AM »
Admin staff only :P

GOSHDANGIT

How is a redshirt to survive without beer?
I have selective reading.

"There is a certain logic to your logic."
~ Tuvok

"High speed and low IQ don't mix"
~Maple Dog

"Hey, then maybe we could hop in our VW bus and make sweet sweet free love whilst smoking some doobies and doing other 1967ey things."
~Bond, James Bond

Offline Greg

• Lord of Lava Lamp
  • Eminent Member
  • Old Fart
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2006, 11:21:18 AM »
A Redshirt... survives? That's phyiscally impossible, dude :P